Stumped - Poulan Pro Snow Blower

bk10s

Well-Known Member
Hello All - A friend moved south and gave me this beautiful, hardly used unit. It has never run quite right. The rpm would surge up and down and it would only run on choke. I removed carb and cleaned everything. Still the same thing. I replaced with a new carb, plug, and fuel line. It runs better with less surging, but still on 3/4 choke. Is there anything I can do?
 
Okay need the engine numbers.

Going to a long number like PW4HK18650178EABGIOQUVX5E1M or similar Alpha-numeric seq. in order to look-up the right carb.
1705761885280.png
 
Thank you - Yes - That is the replacement I used. Still will only run good on 3/4 choke. No surging anymore.
 
Last edited:
IL your eyes are better than mine as it took a lot longer to translate that dot matrix number set.

PW2HK18650178EABGIOQUVX5E1M​

 
Hello All - A friend moved south and gave me this beautiful, hardly used unit. It has never run quite right. The rpm would surge up and down and it would only run on choke. I removed carb and cleaned everything. Still the same thing. I replaced with a new carb, plug, and fuel line. It runs better with less surging, but still on 3/4 choke. Is there anything I can do?
After you replaced carb, did you reset govener?
 
Reset the governor.....Never heard of that! How do I do it? There is no more surging, but it will still only run right on 3/4 choke.
 
Back
Top