Stuck Flywheel on John Deere 180

pjmcintosh54

Forum Newbie
My flywheel gets stuck and so I can't get the mower to start. It will only make a clicking sound. I had the starter rebuilt, so it isn't the starter. You can move the flywheel by hand.

Any thoughts for a cheap fix?
 
If you can turn it over with the flywheel it's something to do with the starter system. The first thing I would check would be the battery cables. You can test them with a volt meter or take them off and check both ends. Next thing would be check the starter solenoid and there again you would need a voltage tester.
 
Checked the solenoid, it is fine. We just rebuilt the starter thinking that was the problem. The flywheel turns, but very difficult. Anything else?
 
We can't turn (start) the tractor by turning the flywheel. It's really difficult to turn so what I was saying is that it turns, albeit very difficult.
 
Back
Top