Striping! Gotta love it!!

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
My yard after i did leaves with my mtd. they arnt to great but it looks pretty nice i thought. ive been doing so many leaves this year its unreal! my leaf pile is up to my elbow from just this year! and i have burned some of my leaves too!

Dump some seed on that yard, spread some starter fert and cut it tall next year and that MTD will be laying stripes like a champ. You ever deer hunt from your back deck it looks like you're surrounded by woods.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
We average about 35 min for an acre lot like this on about 10 min of string trimming and blowing. Unloading, loading and getting started. Here's a couple from today, sorry for the blurriness i was holding a string trimmer.

View attachment 18012

View attachment 18013

Those are really nice yards! I wish we had some like that around here. Mine are very small as compared to yours.

metz12

Threads
Dump some seed on that yard, spread some starter fert and cut it tall next year and that MTD will be laying stripes like a champ. You ever deer hunt from your back deck it looks like you're surrounded by woods.

I dont hunt from my backyard, even though i could but there is a house over to the left in the back. as long as i shot away to the right i would be all set. i actually do get alot of deer back there because there are hunting trails about a 1/2 mile down the road and it pushes them basically into my yard. i was cutting wood one day with my buddy that lives 2 houses up from me we saw from what it looked like an 8point walking about 50' away. and thanks for the tip. i didnt seed any of my yard because we are getting a new septic system and i didnt know what the excavators are going to rip up. my little tractor cuts alot better then i thought it would.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I dont hunt from my backyard, even though i could but there is a house over to the left in the back. as long as i shot away to the right i would be all set. i actually do get alot of deer back there because there are hunting trails about a 1/2 mile down the road and it pushes them basically into my yard. i was cutting wood one day with my buddy that lives 2 houses up from me we saw from what it looked like an 8point walking about 50' away. and thanks for the tip. i didnt seed any of my yard because we are getting a new septic system and i didnt know what the excavators are going to rip up. my little tractor cuts alot better then i thought it would.

Thats cool at least you have deer to look at. I think the cut quality off garden tractors has come a long ways in recent years. They just aren't practical for what i do. I wish i had that many trees around my place. I've 3 acres with about a dozen trees. I've 2 acres that we just test products we use or are thinking of using. So basically all i do is mow it and test different herbicides and fertilizers.

metz12

Threads
I wish I had more property, but its not a bad chunk of land. I have exactly 1 ace. It would be nice to have like 4 or 5 acres. It would give me an excuse to buy a quad!

BHLC

Threads
I wish I had more property, but its not a bad chunk of land. I have exactly 1 ace. It would be nice to have like 4 or 5 acres. It would give me an excuse to buy a quad!

We've got 2 acres at the house I still have an ATV! Ohh but there's also my wife's grandparents property where we have a 25 acre piece out of the 340acres that are there.

BustedKnuckles

Threads
Here are my first (crooked) stripes from mowing my parent's yard last Sunday with a Cub Cadet 1236 WB. It has a striping flap mounted at the very rear of the deck and I mowed at 3".

Attachments

• stripes.jpg
    stripes.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 46

BHLC

Threads
Mowing is over for 2013! On to plowing!

metz12

Threads
Mowing is over for 2013! On to plowing!

ya we got a minor amount of snow today. snowed for about 2 hours but didnt catch on anything because it had rained before.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is how you do it

image-1976261274.jpg

Attachments

• image-2882193767.jpg
    image-2882193767.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 48
  • image-1065210725.jpg
    image-1065210725.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 47