Stop My Neighbor Dogs Pooping In My Yard

BrianSki

Threads
It sounds like you are in the city. Or a populated area. The ideas above are good and bad. Gun fire and confrontations will get you in trouble. Do the people make a loop with their dog and circle back?? Usually the same person with dog. This will work by getting the owners attention. But you must be prompt. It has worked for many friends. But will make people cringe.

Wash out an old squeeze ketchup bottle. When you fry up bacon, save the grease in the bottle. They when the dog does its duty, put the bottle in the microwave to get it warm. Careful not to melt the bottle. Then run out and give the bottle a small squirt over the offending item. When the owner/dog does its return trip, the dog will slurp up a tasty treat. It should work the first time the owner sees what the dog did. Either way the offense is gone.

Paul.F

Forum Newbie
Threads
Put one moth ball every few feet on the perimeter of your property. Problem solved.

RubyMtLawns

Forum Newbie
Threads
I live on the corner with only one neighbor on the south side of our place. We have a large wrap around front yard. Seems in this covid mess, everyone is walking their dogs. And for some reason, MY YARD is the new dog park slash crap zone. I like most of you guys spend in the low thousand dollars on yard stuff slash maintenance. I can even be outside in the front and people will still "allow" their dogs to drop me a gift on my lawn. Here in OKC it's supposed to be a $200 fine. What are you all doing to keep the "animals- people" and dogs away?

I've seen youtube videos using cayenne pepper and other citrus like scents to deter. One FABULOUS black woman said "she's done with dog sh_t". Those motion sprinklers that drench the owner and dog might be an option if they made a good one..... HELP!!!!!

slomo
Well, sorry to hear about the dog leaving gifts for you. I have an unconventional way to solve the clean up for you. My brother in law shared this with me. Pour a little bacon grease on it, and watch the dogs clean up their own messes. It works, at least my BIL told me it does. Sorry if this is a little on the messy side of answers.

Beamster

Threads
We put out a sign and poop bags to use, then started talking to people walking dogs; most were responsible owners. We figured out who was the disrespectful (and untruthful) culprit and deposited their mess at the end of her driveway after that. That seemed to get the point across.

northcreeek262

Threads
I also have one neighbor and his dog poops in my yard and my dog poops in his yard....so it evens out. Life's too short, my advice is to invest your worry in real problems and maybe a pooper scooper...:)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Why you just put a few pit free prunes? Dogs here love them; owners don't for some reason. I getting ready to fix up my pest problem.

bobbg

Forum Newbie
Threads
At any rate its not the dogs fault his owners a dirt bag hes just doing his thing.
Here if you see a dog owner dog pooping in your yard you have to make them clean it up before they leave your yard, its not your fault they didn't bring bags. So with shit in hand they can leave if they refused to pick it up thats a city fine. Turn them in. 90% of the people dont buy city dog tags thats a second fine.

4getgto

Threads
A coupe of these signs "might" give them a hint.!!!!!

91sy3ULYYhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Its not dogs the fault. The owners are the ones that should their butts kicked..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Its not dogs the fault. The owners are the ones that should their butts kicked..
Bingo... Even the owners had to trained where and when to poop. All of us did. Even my house chicken has been trained to wait until he goes out in the yard. And he was a lot harder to train than a dog or cat.