Stihl fs36 not starting

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well you fix the fuel lines by replacing them with longer ones to get a better run.
Chokes can be swapped over
If you have a choke on the air filter housing then remove the choke for the carburettor and plug the 2 holes the shaft goes through with some metal filler .
If the old carb has a butterfly choke then swap them over , it is just 1 screw & a circlip .

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is a pic of the carb.

fs36.jpg

TBes

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help, the carb is fitted and the strimmer works great. After meddling around with the different chokes, tuning and fuel leaking issues, the only problem I can't seem to fix is the fact that it won't idle, I've had a local workshop look at that and they reckoned they fixed it but it still dies, they did it for free so I don't mind. Do you have any solutions for this? I gather this is mostly the mixture screws problem but I'm not sure what to do with them.

Keith E Cantrell

Forum Newbie
Threads
I knew Stihl was one of the top suggested brands. My dad had a Stihl curved shaft trimmer which he brought for approximately $200 and now it has been working well for over 18 years. I just like to borrow similar STIHL equipment, and I am also impressed with how much better it works than the Ryobi that I'm using for almost 11 years. Normally, I trim weeds 2-4 times a year at most and the weeds I cut are commonly thicker. I want something BIFL, but it should be under $200 and with a lifetime of 30-40 years. Any suggestions are invited.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What your dad actually paid for the Stihl 20 years ago was 20 hours of his labour, not $ 200
SO to get an equivalent quality trimer today you will need to spend 20 hours of your labour at todays rate which will be a lot closer to $ 400