Stihl fs 90r

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I LOVE my FS90r but I have a slight problem with it. I can't seem to get it to idle. It will sputter out after a few seconds and it takes like 6 pulls to restart. It will start first pull when I take it out of the shed, just put throttle to start and pull cord. What should I adjust? I got it last year in middle of summer.

Sounds like the carburetor is out of adjustment. First check the primer bulb and make sure there's no crack in it.
There are three screws on the back, High and Low speed screws an the idle adjustment. Open the High speed screw 3/4 turn and do the same on The Low speed screw then start the engine and let it warm up and adjust the idle screw until the head stops rotating. Those are the standard settings and if you want you can fine tune the machine using the High speed adjustment screw. Hope it helps.

mikeypizano

Threads
Sounds like the carburetor is out of adjustment. First check the primer bulb and make sure there's no crack in it.
There are three screws on the back, High and Low speed screws an the idle adjustment. Open the High speed screw 3/4 turn and do the same on The Low speed screw then start the engine and let it warm up and adjust the idle screw until the head stops rotating. Those are the standard settings and if you want you can fine tune the machine using the High speed adjustment screw. Hope it helps.

Well, I am going to let the dealer adjust it I think. They said it would be done for free. :laughing: