Export thread

Stihl BR 200 BR Blower

Ric

Ric

Anyone used the BR 200 back pack. I'm thinking about getting one and wondered if anyone had any thoughts. Cost is $279.00

metz12

metz12

Anyone used the BR 200 back pack. I'm thinking about getting one and wondered if anyone had any thoughts. Cost is $279.00

Its got about the same amount of power as a handheld blower in my opinion. go big or go home my friend:laughing:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Its got about the same amount of power as a handheld blower in my opinion. go big or go home my friend:laughing:

Well he already has the Stihl BR 550 and the BR-380, so he has already gone big! :tongue:
The BR 200 is a homeowner blower, not professional, so it won't be as powerful as your 550 OR 380. But if you just want a smaller one, compare the 200 to a handheld blower and see what is better in price and features.

metz12

metz12

Well he already has the Stihl BR 550 and the BR-380, so he has already gone big! :tongue:
The BR 200 is a homeowner blower, not professional, so it won't be as powerful as your 550 OR 380. But if you just want a smaller one, compare the 200 to a handheld blower and see what is better in price and features.

Oh i had no idea he had the 550 and the 380!! my bad. the 200 is good if you want a homeowners blower. its nice to have it on your back instead of in your hand.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Oh i had no idea he had the 550 and the 380!! my bad.

Yeah, it's in his signature.

Ric:
Why do you want another blower? Just to blow off grass from the driveway? Just wondering.

Ric

Ric

Yeah, it's in his signature.

Ric:
Why do you want another blower? Just to blow off grass from the driveway? Just wondering.

As you know my business is a family business it's the wife and my son that works with me. I was originally thinking about the BG 86 CE with (459 cfm) hand held for her but I thought that the BR 200 (cfm 406)was close to being the same as the 86 and would be a nice unit for he wife because it only ways 12lbs instead of 22lbs and the cost is nearly the same in fact the 200 is a little cheaper.
The problem is that often when finishing a yard one of the three of us is will be waiting for the others to get done and if it's one thing I hate it's to let people see someone standing around doing nothing when people are paying you to work.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

As you know my business is a family business it's the wife and my son that works with me. I was originally thinking about the BG 86 CE with (459 cfm) hand held for her but I thought that the BR 200 (cfm 406)was close to being the same as the 86 and would be a nice unit for he wife because it only ways 12lbs instead of 22lbs and the cost is nearly the same in fact the 200 is a little cheaper.
The problem is that often when finishing a yard one of the three of us is will be waiting for the others to get done and if it's one thing I hate it's to let people see someone standing around doing nothing when people are paying you to work.

Oh, OK. Yeah, that's true.

Carscw

Carscw

My wife likes to use a small hand held

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Ric

Oh, OK. Yeah, that's true.

All the reviews that I read say there 5 stars and people (homeowners) seem to like them real well, they say they do a great job for them. How the thing will work for me I don't know but I think I'm going that way and see.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

All the reviews that I read say there 5 stars and people (homeowners) seem to like them real well, they say they do a great job for them. How the thing will work for me I don't know but I think I'm going that way and see.

OK...tell us what you think about it once you use it! :smile:

metz12

metz12

Thats probably what i would do in your circumstances.

R

Rivets

Ric, as long as you understand that the 200 is not a commercial unit and you are using it as a quick finisher or backup, I would recommend that unit. One thing I have to caution you on, NEVER run this unit without the nozzle on. Doing so will change the air flow through the unit, causing the engine to burnout. I have seen many of these units comeback destroyed when customers don't follow this rule. Otherwise they are a great unit.

Ric

Ric

Ric, as long as you understand that the 200 is not a commercial unit and you are using it as a quick finisher or backup, I would recommend that unit. One thing I have to caution you on, NEVER run this unit without the nozzle on. Doing so will change the air flow through the unit, causing the engine to burnout. I have seen many of these units comeback destroyed when customers don't follow this rule. Otherwise they are a great unit.

Oh I know it's not a commercial unit but I run the HL and HS 45 Hedge trimmers and there not not commercial units and have always done me a good job. I've always base my decision on equipment by who will be using it and the amount of use the units well receive. The Stihl Home Scraper unit is good equipment and can be IMO used commercially if used in moderation and do a great job. As far as removing the nozzle of the unit, I've never done that with any unit unless I were replacing some part for one reason or another.

Ric

Ric

OK...tell us what you think about it once you use it! :smile:

Hey LMF, I see your wish list says your wanting the Echo 225, here's deal if your interested.

Brand new Echo SRM-225 - $175 (St.pete)

Date: 2012-12-10, 4:23PM EST
sx5kb-3455514926@sale.craigslist.org[?] I have a brand new SRM -225 straight shaft trimmer. Only has 30 minutes of use. Sells brand new for $220.00+tax.
I will also throw in 6 pack echo oil and brand new trimmer line. $40 value. Here's an easy way to save $80 over buying from dealer. Also have brand new pe-225 edger and PB-500t backpack blower. All less than 30 min use. Cash only no low ballers or scammers. Call anytime 727-557-6191
3Ef3Ga3N45Fb5Hf5M6cc4c8c18a40bac01fbd.jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hey LMF, I see your wish list says your wanting the Echo 225, here's deal if your interested.

That looks nice! Thanks. :thumbsup: I wonder why he is selling them if they are almost brand new?? :confused3:

P.S. I am probably going to just buy new from a local dealer....but THANKS!

Ric

Ric

That looks nice! Thanks. :thumbsup: I wonder why he is selling them if they are almost brand new?? :confused3:

P.S. I am probably going to just buy new from a local dealer....but THANKS!

I really didn't think you would buy these, I was just pointing out that you should keep an eye on Craiglist because there are some good deals on equipment right now because people are wanting Christmas money and you also have these guys that will be going out of business and won't be back next year.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I really didn't think you would buy these, I was just pointing out that you should keep an eye on Craiglist because there are some good deals on equipment right now because people are wanting Christmas money and you also have these guys that will be going out of business and won't be back next year.

That is true! I usually buy handheld equipment new from a dealer but when I upgrade to a larger mower, I will probably be looking on Craiglist. Next year I will demo the Exmark Commerical 30 mower to see if I like it. If I do I will probably buy that, and then my next mower would probably be a stander--like the GS.

Ric

Ric

Well I went down to the shop and guess what, I came home with a BR- 200. The thing seem to work great. The BR 200 has the same engine as the BG86, but I think it will is a lot easier on the arm & wrists for the wife. It seems to have plenty of power and not much vibration at all, you can't hardly feel it running but I guess that maybe due to the fact I'm used to running one of the others. Will get to use it before the weekends out on the job and will see how it does and I'll let ya'll know.

BR-200 007.jpgBR-200 008.jpgBR-200 006.jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Well I went down to the shop and guess what, I came home with a BR- 200. The thing seem to work great. The BR 200 has the same engine as the BG86, but I think it will is a lot easier on the arm & wrists for the wife. It seems to have plenty of power and not much vibration at all, you can't hardly feel it running but I guess that maybe due to the fact I'm used to running one of the others. Will get to use it before the weekends out on the job and will see how it does and I'll let ya'll know.

View attachment 11256View attachment 11257View attachment 11258

awesome.gif :thumbsup::thumbsup:

metz12

metz12

looks like a solid unit. anything stihl is good. that would be a good blower for me to get, it looks like it would be a great all around blower, since i do leaves in the fall.

Ric

Ric

looks like a solid unit. anything stihl is good. that would be a good blower for me to get, it looks like it would be a great all around blower, since i do leaves in the fall.

I think it will be a good solid unit. I used it a couple of times yesterday and it cleaned the sidewalks and there edges real well also did a real good job on the driveway and Home Entrance. I can tell you on a cold start if you set the Choke Knob it starts first pull and after you use the machine it warm starts on the first pull. If that last or not will see :smile:

One of the things I like about the unit is its 36oz fuel tank capacity, so run time on a tank should last me a day or more. The other thing would be That the BR-200 is not the Stihl 4mix unit, it's the 2 stroke engine so it has a 70db sound rating which the is a great deal different than the 60 to 63 db with there 4mix units.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I think it will be a good solid unit. I used it a couple of times yesterday and it cleaned the sidewalks and there edges real well also did a real good job on the driveway and Home Entrance. I can tell you on a cold start if you set the Choke Knob it starts first pull and after you use the machine it warm starts on the first pull. If that last or not will see :smile:

One of the things I like about the unit is its 36oz fuel tank capacity, so run time on a tank should last me a day or more. The other thing would be That the BR-200 is not the Stihl 4mix unit, it's the 2 stroke engine so it has a 70db sound rating which the is a great deal different than the 60 to 63 db with there 4mix units.

Yeah, that's quite a bit louder.

Ric

Ric

Well we got a chance to try out the BR 200 today. The wife used it to clear the edges of the sidewalks, blow off the drives and walks, clear some roads and it preformed very well. She commented that it wasn't as powerful as the other two blowers but did the job quite admirably and it was nice to use at only half the weight of the others. All in all I'd say it was well worth the money.

BR-200 007.jpg

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Well we got a chance to try out the BR 200 today. The wife used it to clear the edges of the sidewalks, blow off the drives and walks, clear some roads and it preformed very well. She commented that it wasn't as powerful as the other two blowers but did the job quite admirably and it was nice to use at only half the weight of the others. All in all I'd say it was well worth the money.

View attachment 11453

That's good to know! :thumbsup:

Ric

Ric

That's good to know! :thumbsup:

I didn't use it myself personally, just the wife and she really like the thing. It works really great for somethings like blowing leaves out of flower beds and cleaning entrance ways because it's not over powered.
It's going to actually work better in some situations than the overkill of the 550 or even the 380.

metz12

metz12

I didn't use it myself personally, just the wife and she really like the thing. It works really great for somethings like blowing leaves out of flower beds and cleaning entrance ways because it's not over powered.
It's going to actually work better in some situations than the overkill of the 550 or even the 380.

maybe after the summer when i start the fall cleanups, i might buy it. not sure if i should go bigger or not since i still have my little 25cc blower.

Ric

Ric

maybe after the summer when i start the fall cleanups, i might buy it. not sure if i should go bigger or not since i still have my little 25cc blower.

If you're doing fall cleanups and you're going to be moving a lot of leafs I'd go bigger, at least the BR550.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

If you're doing fall cleanups and you're going to be moving a lot of leafs I'd go bigger, at least the BR550.

I know you would recommend something even bigger, but do you think the BR-200 would be more powerful than my Echo PB-255LN handheld blower? I take baby steps.....I don't need to jump from a handheld to the BR-600 Magnum right away! :biggrin:

Ric

Ric

I know you would recommend something even bigger, but do you think the BR-200 would be more powerful than my Echo PB-255LN handheld blower? I take baby steps.....I don't need to jump from a handheld to the BR-600 Magnum right away! :biggrin:

I don't really know that answer. Your 255 is a 25.4cc engine with 354 cfm so yes the BR 200 is according to spec's should be more powerful but the 200 being only 406 cfm there really isn't that much difference. Like I told Metz12, if you're looking to move leafs I'd jump up to at least the BR 550. The BR 200 has the same engine as the BG86 Stihl hand held unit 27.6cc.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I don't really know that answer. Your 255 is a 25.4cc engine with 354 cfm so yes the BR 200 is according to spec's should be more powerful but the 200 being only 406 cfm there really isn't that much difference. Like I told Metz12, if you're looking to move leafs I'd jump up to at least the BR 550. The BR 200 has the same engine as the BG86 Stihl hand held unit 27.6cc.

OK thanks for the info. :smile: