Export thread

Sthil. FS45C

Geochurchi

Geochurchi

Hi All, having great difficulty installing and aftermarket recoil starter assembly, original was taken apart by my son and who knows where 1/2 the parts are, anyway the white plastic pawl with the little pin keeps snapping off, this is my second try, I wonder if a factory pawl would be a better choice, or am I doing something wrong when I assemble it?
Thanks

S

slomo

1657818400879.png

Geochurchi

Geochurchi

Thanks, I have that.

Fish

Fish

Yes, the aftermarket starter parts do not hold up very well, generally

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Does it have the EZ start recoil?

Geochurchi

Geochurchi

Hi, I believe thats what the C stands for, so yes, easy start.

StarTech

StarTech

C stands for Comfort feature. To have easy start it would need be C-E.

1658003601462.png

Fish

Fish

If you ever need to get parts, the fs38 is the same trimmer, and is still made.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

If it has the EZ start recoil be aware that you can't jerk it like a non EZ start. You need to pull slowly to load up the assembly till it turns the engine over. If you jerk on it hard it will break it. OEM or AM it doesn't matter.

B

bertsmobile1

Yep
And yet another owner misuse that people try to fob off as a warranty repair .

S

slomo

Lots of great tips are included in these manuals. On our new clothes washer, I found a ton of helpful stuff the entire internet was complaining about. Ask them did you do this? Nope. No wonder........

Geochurchi

Geochurchi

New OEM pawl installed and still have the same problem, how can I tell if it’s an easy start?

StarTech

StarTech

Well does it look like this?
1659442886250.png

Fish

Fish

Putting an OEM pawl in an after market starter may be your problem. The cheapo junk parts don't fit too well, as well as break often.
38st.JPG38stez.JPG