Steering still not right

metz12

Threads
So I put all new bushings and thrust washers in my craftsman and when i turn left it still makes this clicking and it almost turns in a section. the gears dont slip or anything and both of the gears are meeting well but i still dont know what the problem is. can anybody help me out? thanks in advance

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just what is making the noise? The steering? I find I can locate a noise with a short section of hose to my ear. Have someone turn the steering wheel and see if you can pick up the location of the noise.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I put all new bushings and thrust washers in my craftsman and when i turn left it still makes this clicking and it almost turns in a section. the gears dont slip or anything and both of the gears are meeting well but i still dont know what the problem is. can anybody help me out? thanks in advance
"almost turns in a section"

In my neck of the woods that means it will almost turn in 640 acres. What does that mean in your neck of the woods?

noma

Threads
HI sandburanch

That means the same thing in my neck of the woods to and we have more wood here.:licking::licking::licking::licking:

metz12

Threads
i turn left and it sort of clicks. then stays right there. its kind of hard to turn it that way too.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the bushings were worn to a point they needed replaced I really can't see how the gears are meeting well. I'm thinking it's time to now replace the pinion and sector gear.