Export thread

Steering still not right

metz12

metz12

So I put all new bushings and thrust washers in my craftsman and when i turn left it still makes this clicking and it almost turns in a section. the gears dont slip or anything and both of the gears are meeting well but i still dont know what the problem is. can anybody help me out? thanks in advance

reynoldston

reynoldston

Just what is making the noise? The steering? I find I can locate a noise with a short section of hose to my ear. Have someone turn the steering wheel and see if you can pick up the location of the noise.

S

SeniorCitizen

So I put all new bushings and thrust washers in my craftsman and when i turn left it still makes this clicking and it almost turns in a section. the gears dont slip or anything and both of the gears are meeting well but i still dont know what the problem is. can anybody help me out? thanks in advance
"almost turns in a section"

In my neck of the woods that means it will almost turn in 640 acres. What does that mean in your neck of the woods?

N

noma

HI sandburanch

That means the same thing in my neck of the woods to and we have more wood here.:licking::licking::licking::licking:

metz12

metz12

i turn left and it sort of clicks. then stays right there. its kind of hard to turn it that way too.

S

SeniorCitizen

If the bushings were worn to a point they needed replaced I really can't see how the gears are meeting well. I'm thinking it's time to now replace the pinion and sector gear.