Stator question

LawnWizard

Threads
I'm working on a Kohler Kt735-3051 on a 2016 Hustler Raptor 52". Previous owner said the engine "wasn't getting fire", so he took the top off of the engine and left it outside under a tarp. The stator and coils are completely rusted so I ordered new ones from Amazon. The original stator has 2 posts that do not have copper winding around them so it is 4 with, 2 without, 4 with, etc. The new one has winding on all posts. Both are supposed to be for 15/20 amp charging. My question is, are they interchangeable? Also, all the magnets had come loose from the flywheel and were stuck to the old stator. I reattached them using JB Weld and being careful to align the pos/ neg. on the magnets according to the directions in the manual.
Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Hugh

Bertrrr

Threads
Well this is a new one to me , never ran across this setup but quite sure someone on this site has, If it were me I'd put it back together and test for fire , no down side for trying at this point

LawnWizard

Threads
Well this is a new one to me , never ran across this setup but quite sure someone on this site has, If it were me I'd put it back together and test for fire , no down side for trying at this point
I agree. I was hoping for someone to say something like "no problem, use the new one". The old one tests good with the ohm meter. I would just rather use all new parts since it's already apart and the old one is so rusty. I know I'll kick myself if I have to take the whole thing apart again.
Thanks!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The new stator should work fine as long as you have the 20 amp regulator.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The 237878-S stator kit is for both the 15 and 20 amp charging systems.