Export thread

Stator question

L

LawnWizard

I'm working on a Kohler Kt735-3051 on a 2016 Hustler Raptor 52". Previous owner said the engine "wasn't getting fire", so he took the top off of the engine and left it outside under a tarp. The stator and coils are completely rusted so I ordered new ones from Amazon. The original stator has 2 posts that do not have copper winding around them so it is 4 with, 2 without, 4 with, etc. The new one has winding on all posts. Both are supposed to be for 15/20 amp charging. My question is, are they interchangeable? Also, all the magnets had come loose from the flywheel and were stuck to the old stator. I reattached them using JB Weld and being careful to align the pos/ neg. on the magnets according to the directions in the manual.
Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Hugh

B

Bertrrr

Take some pics

L

LawnWizard

Take some pics
I did. Forum says the file is too large. Can't seem to make them small enough.

L

LawnWizard

Take some pics
I got it.

Attachments

B

Bertrrr

Well this is a new one to me , never ran across this setup but quite sure someone on this site has, If it were me I'd put it back together and test for fire , no down side for trying at this point

L

LawnWizard

Well this is a new one to me , never ran across this setup but quite sure someone on this site has, If it were me I'd put it back together and test for fire , no down side for trying at this point
I agree. I was hoping for someone to say something like "no problem, use the new one". The old one tests good with the ohm meter. I would just rather use all new parts since it's already apart and the old one is so rusty. I know I'll kick myself if I have to take the whole thing apart again.
Thanks!

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

The new stator should work fine as long as you have the 20 amp regulator.

L

LawnWizard

The new stator should work fine as long as you have the 20 amp regulator.
Thanks! So just so I understand, is the original stator / reg for 15 amp and the new one is 20 amp?

I

ILENGINE

The 237878-S stator kit is for both the 15 and 20 amp charging systems.

StarTech

StarTech

1721995681805.png

L

LawnWizard

Thanks!

L

LawnWizard

Thanks!

L

LawnWizard