Starts easily but wont run under load???

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
its okay dude i had the same issue about people telling me " GET YOUR SERIAL NUMBER" and i would never listen lol
no one is having a shot at you
However engine makers change specifications all the time
Download any Briggs parts book & you will see multiple parts changes over a model run.
Add to that 17 Hp tells us absolutely nothing we need to know which on of the 4 different 17 Hp engines he has.
When aa new engine gets released there are always teething problems so it helps us to know if the mower has for instance an oil flow problem as happened with the current 7000 series.
17 Hp Courage engines before a particular date had problems with the crankcase screws loosening and they have adjustable rockers
Where as the 17 Hp Command engine has hydraulic lifters & a different crank case and crank for that matter.

logert gogert

Threads
Logert, if you have no suggests to help solve them problem, please stay out of the thread. You’re not help, especially when you reply like you’re on a device which counts your characters, we use full words and sentences. Jeff, as AVB requested we need the units model and serial numbers. With them we can get you a wiring diagram and make better suggests as to how to proceed.
yes sir, im sorry

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
its okay dude i had the same issue about people telling me " GET YOUR SERIAL NUMBER" and i would never listen lol
If you never listen then you never learn.
We are here to help people and part of that is getting them to help us.
If you knew more you would understand that Craftsman is just a marketing name for Sears.
So without the model number he have no idea who made the mower. It could have been Murray , Noma , AYP , MTD or even be a fully imported mower with a Chinese Kohler in it .

Last edited:

logert gogert

Threads
If you never listen then you never learn.
We are here to help people and part of that is getting them to help us.
If you knew more you would understand that Craftsman is just a marketing name for Sears.
So withut the model nuber he have no idea who made the mower. It could have been Murray , Noma , AYP , MTD or even be a fully imported mower with a Chinese Kohler in it .
no, i understand sir, i eventually did give the number to them but when they, asked me to the first time i didnt acknowledge it

AVB

Threads
Okay, let's get back to jefftinker problem; although, he should had started new thread instead posting to older thread. That's is mute point now.

What we have so far is he has a Rider with Kohler engine CV16-43527 that runs well but when he put a load on it by putting it in gear or engaging the blades it stalls out.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Do you engage the blades at full throttle or mid range?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a craftsman-Kohler 16.5hr OHV model CV16S-43527 in runs well but when I put a load on it by putting it in gear or engaging the blades it stalls out.
I have already replaced the fuel filter and fuel lines and calibrator but it still stall's out under a load. what can it be now?
Now getting back on track.
Start your engine then get off and manually open the throttle butterfly bu pushing on the governor rod.
The engine should accelerate up to about 4000 rpm without faultering,
If it does this then the governor is at fault.
'If it dosent then you have an engine problem

AVB

Threads
The CV16-43527 specs are Idle Speed 1750 RPM/High Speed 3300 RPM not 4000 rpm. Although it can run at 4000 it is not design to do so on this mower.

jefftinker

Threads
its a craftsman 42" cut I cant find a S.# or a model # for the mower just the engine I will look agin

jefftinker

Threads
OK i found it it was covered in dirt its a craftsman 6spped 16.5hr model # 91727113