Standing Mower

AndyMan

Threads
I saw a man mowing his lawn standing up. There was no seat to his mower - he just stood on the mowing platform and held onto handlebars to steer it. I almost crashed my car for watching him! :laughing:

Has anyone ever tried such a thing? Is it as fun as it looks? It looked like it might be a zero-turn type mower, based on what I saw as I drove past. Do you know who makes it? Or what it costs?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I saw a man mowing his lawn standing up. There was no seat to his mower - he just stood on the mowing platform and held onto handlebars to steer it. I almost crashed my car for watching him! :laughing:

Has anyone ever tried such a thing? Is it as fun as it looks? It looked like it might be a zero-turn type mower, based on what I saw as I drove past. Do you know who makes it? Or what it costs?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may have just seen your first sulky. Google mower sulky. Some for standing and some for sitting.:biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The commercial mower line is full of that type. There are several manufacturers...
Very fast, long lived (thousands of hard working hours)...
They are almost always ZTR hydraulic wheel motor driven and you are right FUN to operate... :smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
as kenny said they are well built units that a lot of commerical co. use.All that I've seen are ZTRs.Those with bad backs ,knees etc. might benifit by using one of them. russ

lizard

Threads
Sounds like fun standing up.........beats running after the machine like I do.....though I should be walking..........but I am in a hurry so why not run...........more money:laughing:

adan

Threads
I'm trying to visualize what you just described until I just had to Google "standing lawn mower."

Was this what you saw?

red-dynamix-segway-lawn-mower.jpg

Interesting, indeed. It's my first time to see it.

P.S. I Googled "mower sulky" too but I didn't get a clear picture.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
That is so strange. I can't imagine how that would be very comfortable. I prefer to sit, because I feel like I can get more done while sitting.. I just have more control.

mois25

Threads
Haha, I love your choice of words but who in this case is the one standing?....lol! It would be tiresome mowing a large lawn so if anyone hasn't yet invented one in which you can switch standing and sitting positions, then I am on my way there. :biggrin:

173abn

Threads
google eXmark and you'll see what they make. russ