Stabil for Gasoline Storage?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Seafoam top lube is the only thing I use on 2 cy. carbs. A little dab will do ya.

I can't say I've ever stored gas for any reason. Even at home, since gas stations are on every corner, why bother storing it?

Unused equipment gets ran at least once a month, usually until there's no gas in them.
I suppose there are reasons to store gas. I just haven't found one yet.

A friend of mine told.me once about downloading movies onto his laptop, "why take up all that space on tour laptop, when you can stream the movies now a days. Let them store it on their computers.

During power outages, it doesn't matter how close you are to a gas station--it's too late to get gas.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
During power outages, it doesn't matter how close you are to a gas station--it's too late to get gas.

If you're on an island maybe. We spent two weeks without power in arkansas a few months ago. Power lines down all over the county, and other counties. In fact, there was some power outages all over the south. But, not everywhere. We had to drive like 20 miles to a gas station to get gas for our generators. Same gas stations powered their gas pumps with generators. So it was no big deal. At least not worth storing gas for months. Gas itself gets old. Even non ethanol gas gets old.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you're on an island maybe. We spent two weeks without power in arkansas a few months ago. Power lines down all over the county, and other counties. In fact, there was some power outages all over the south. But, not everywhere. We had to drive like 20 miles to a gas station to get gas for our generators. Same gas stations powered their gas pumps with generators. So it was no big deal. At least not worth storing gas for months. Gas itself gets old. Even non ethanol gas gets old.
Another reason to run Stabil year round. Keep the tank full at all times if possible.

slomo

1saxman

Threads
I used to use Sta-Bil and it was fine. A buddy of mine had been using Startron for a long time in all his engines so I started using it too. Its been great. Altogether, since I started using a stabilizer/cleaner in my fuel for all my engines (vehicle and OPE) I have not had to have any kind of intake/fuel service of any kind. My OPE carbs seem to last forever (except for Ryobi 2-cycle carbs, I don't think there is anything that will keep them from going bad) and my vehicles run smooth and powerful. I just put some in the gas can then fill it up. I don't do anything at all at the end of the season. I pull them out in the spring and they fire right up.

BOB L

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use a blend of Sunoco ultra . 4 yr shelf life an bit pricey but have never had an issue