Spartan keypad issues

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I had heard if you buy the keypads directly from the company that makes them for Spartan, only those came with a lifetime warranty. If purchased from Spartan, or a dealer selling Spartan parts, they only have a 3 year warranty.

This may explain why the keypad manufacturer never got back to me when I reached out to them to buy one... they probably know their keypads crap out frequently.

Now that I have the manual replacement unit, I'll probably just use it someday if the keypad craps out. I do like the idea of having the 4 digit pass code and it slightly lessens the chance of a family member trying to tun the mower when I'm not around and wrecking it... or trying to get in to mower racing or something View attachment 69435
Also from what I understand, the key pads have been improved from the earlier ones that would sometimes crap out. The last one I just worked on, the keypad was fine, it was the $400 wiring harness that was the issue. The local Spartan dealer ended up diagnosing and repairing the problem. In my area, I see very few Spartan zero turns.

Jimmy the Lock

Threads
I only have 12 hours on my mower so far and the key pad has worked flawlessly for the entire 12 hours! thumbsup10.gif