Soon, very soon!

Spyder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Newbie from Missouri dropping in to say howdy! I am about 2-4 weeks away from purchasing a new ZTR and after extensive research have decided on the ZT HD 60. I currently have a Swisher 66 that I purchased used three years ago. The meter showed 600+ hrs when I got it, however, the meter was not working. So I am unsure of the exact hours. Its been a great mower for the most part but its time to upgrade and get one with warranty and one that will hopfully last quite a while. Looking forward to getting the ZT in my hands and mowing for the first time with it. Need a couple more overtime paychecks to make the purchase.

Looking forward to being part of the group here!

Will post some photos when it arrives!

Andrew

noma

Threads
Morning spyder

Welcome aboard to LMF and hope to see a lot more from you hope you maybe can answer someone else's question on here when you are on here next time. Good choice on that mower send pictures when you get it home.:licking::licking::licking:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Newbie from Missouri dropping in to say howdy! I am about 2-4 weeks away from purchasing a new ZTR and after extensive research have decided on the ZT HD 60. I currently have a Swisher 66 that I purchased used three years ago. The meter showed 600+ hrs when I got it, however, the meter was not working. So I am unsure of the exact hours. Its been a great mower for the most part but its time to upgrade and get one with warranty and one that will hopfully last quite a while. Looking forward to getting the ZT in my hands and mowing for the first time with it. Need a couple more overtime paychecks to make the purchase.

Looking forward to being part of the group here!

Will post some photos when it arrives!

Andrew

Welcome to the growing Gravely clan on these forums!!! You're gonna love that ZTR!!!!! Looking forward to you sharing some pics.

Tom59

Threads
Congrats !

ZTR's are like your first carnival ride -think tea cup- they make it fun to mow again. I cut at least 15min off mowing 1-1/2 acres probably 20 min. I never actually timed it before. The ROPS is one thing to be aware of they tend to hit things you don't expect. But , once you mow your lawn a couple times you'll know the spots.

Also be careful coming down slopes too fast , if you have to make any drastic turns , they can get hairy. In a good way unless there is a pond or lake in front of you or stone wall. :laughing:

I actually look forward to mowing before it was a chore. Now slap some headphones on ....and next thing you know you are asking to mow your neighbors lawn. Well maybe not ... ..:smile:

Spyder

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree with the part about things getting hairy! I do have a small lake and put my current zero turn off the bank one time. Thankfully it was last year during the drought and the lake was about 5 ft low. So I was not in water. Today, it is at least 3ft deep right off the bank so hopefuly I learned my lesson! Hoping to pick it up next weekend! The HD60 that is!

Congrats !

ZTR's are like your first carnival ride -think tea cup- they make it fun to mow again. I cut at least 15min off mowing 1-1/2 acres probably 20 min. I never actually timed it before. The ROPS is one thing to be aware of they tend to hit things you don't expect. But , once you mow your lawn a couple times you'll know the spots.

Also be careful coming down slopes too fast , if you have to make any drastic turns , they can get hairy. In a good way unless there is a pond or lake in front of you or stone wall. :laughing:

I actually look forward to mowing before it was a chore. Now slap some headphones on ....and next thing you know you are asking to mow your neighbors lawn. Well maybe not ... ..:smile:

Spyder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Should be getting the mower today, stopping in on way to work with cash in hand. They will deliver it while I am at work. Bummer is, I won't get to it out till at least sat eve when I get off.

Well update when it's in my stable.

SCMCG

Threads
Congrats! I got mine yesterday and I love it. I'm sure you will too.

Spyder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mower arrived yesterday, got some time after work today to try it out and mow part of the yard. One thing is for sure, it is WAY rougher riding the my Swisher and that kind of suprises me seeing. Does not hold a hill near as well either. However, I did notice both all 4 tires seem hard as a rock, I am sure hink Imy Swisher was almost always under inflated which would help with ride and traction. I think I am going to drop air pressure in the tires to see if that helps. Otherwise I am investing in a Air Ride system!

Other than that, I am very happy with my purchase. One would have expected for $4899 that one would get a full tank of gas too LOL.

Andrew

Tom59

Threads
Mower arrived yesterday, got some time after work today to try it out and mow part of the yard. One thing is for sure, it is WAY rougher riding the my Swisher and that kind of suprises me seeing. Does not hold a hill near as well either. However, I did notice both all 4 tires seem hard as a rock, I am sure hink Imy Swisher was almost always under inflated which would help with ride and traction. I think I am going to drop air pressure in the tires to see if that helps. Otherwise I am investing in a Air Ride system!

Other than that, I am very happy with my purchase. One would have expected for $4899 that one would get a full tank of gas too LOL.

Andrew

Congrats ! Full tank of gas ? I paid more than $4899 and the only gas I got came from chilli the night before.

EBay has some nice seats and suspension systems. I went from a 1997 Simplicity Regent tractor to the Fastrak and the seat feels like a million bucks. So go get a really hard seat and drive it that way for a short while then the old seat will feel like a sofa. :laughing: