Something missing off this Poulan Feather light weed whacker?

turbofiat124

Well-Known Member
So the other day I determined something on my Troy Bilt weed whacker is stripped out. When I open the throttle, the end spins (somewhat) but the thing just won't cut. It seems something on the bump head end is stripped out.

In the meantime I put two Poulan's together to make a working weed whacker. One had a good engine but the shaft was broken and the other one must have a busted diaphragm in the carburetor causing it to blow gas out the muffler.

The weed whacker with the bad carburetor was given to me so I never had a chance to use it. So after I transferred the good shaft to the good motor, I discovered there is no bump head.

IMG_20170620_193055228_zpshuttioho.jpg


The weird thing is there is no threaded end to screw a bump head into to. However if I bump the end against the ground, the string seems to feed out OK.

Is this what the end is supposed to look like or is there something missing?
 
Back
Top