Solved: Need help MTD honda lawn mower only runs with starter fluid

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Solved: Need help MTD honda lawn mower only runs with starter fluid
If I had $ for every not running properly honda powered mower / pump / generator / pressure washer that came through the gate with the gaskets & spacers all messed up you would not be reading this.
I would be sitting on the beach with cold drink in my hand every day having long since retired.
The usual culprit for blocking off the vent hole is globs of silicon because the owner was too cheap to spend $ 5 on a gasket set.
Then thee is the thick spacer which for some reason every second person wants to put behind the carb not in front where it belongs .
But you have to start by checking the flow out of the needle valve.
People changing from B & S engines just about always forget to turn the fuel tap on the right hand side of the carb on.
I have even seen them fitted backwards or with the choke & throttle hooked up crossed over or the choke backwards

eaxebx

Threads
solved! It must be a gasket/fuel delivery problem, I reinstalled all the gasket then it worked great. Also replaced spark plug, air filter, sharpened the blade, and put in new Honda Oem 10-30w engine oil, this machine runs great.

donens2018

Threads
You stated "solved" but not what the problem you found was. Was a gasket not on correctly or what? Enlighten us?
I've worked so hundreds of horizontal Honda GX series and found your symptoms did not make sense. Very much doubt that anything was wrong with the carb.

eaxebx

Threads
I reinstalled gaskets, paying more attention this time.