Solenoid stuttering.

dahermit

Threads
Addendum: I took the battery to my local TSC and they tested it with a battery load tester. It was bad. Bought a new battery, installed it and the engine started...it was the battery. Now that it is running, I will put it up for sale on Facebook Marketplace and continue to use my new Cub Cadet XTI ST54FAB WITH Kohler engine.

dahermit

Threads
Lots of loose, or not tight enough to my standards, battery cables at the battery and solenoid come in our shop quite often. I suspect that will keep the battery from getting full charge from the charging system too.
Yes...when I bought the 2009 Cub Cadet, it soon would only start intermittently. I found that whoever put the battery in it (TSC?), had not tightened the bolts on the battery terminals...ruined the battery.

Mower King

Threads
Yes...when I bought the 2009 Cub Cadet, it soon would only start intermittently. I found that whoever put the battery in it (TSC?), had not tightened the bolts on the battery terminals...ruined the battery.
I suggest, the next new mower you buy, buy it from a dealership and not a box store. A dealership tends to do a better job at assembly and can work on it....plus, stands behind the warranty real well!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have always found that statement kind of idiotic because you will take that battery that people claim to not charge over 10 amps and then connect it to a charging system putting out 15-25 amps
My 10 amp figure was meant to be like don't slam a small battery with a ton of amps. If you guys want to take a 200 amp booster to your watch battery, go ahead. Rapid chargers and boosters do not have the batteries best interest. Those are meant to get you back on the couch faster. Again my thought was keep the amps low as to not cook the little fella.

slomo

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I get what you are saying Slomo. But most people claim not to charge a lawnmower battery with more than 10 amp. Heck the paperwork that comes with new ATV batteries says not to charge at a rate above 1.5 amps, and then you install it into a ATV with a 25 amp charging system.