Snowplough co op

noma

Threads
Hay nuffer 460

Your numbers all look great, but you need to figure to it doen't snow every day to make that much every day.Plus you have expense for blowing snow all that time to.:licking:

LandN

Threads
I was just asked to go in on a snowplough co-op in our neighborhood. It is $500 for the season and may increase if we get more snow than last year, what do you think?

personally, i prefer "snow blowers" rather than a "snow plow" for residential drives, for these reasons: does the snowplow driver or his company have good insurance to cover things like grass/yard damage, garage and or door, cars that may be in the drive while plowing is being done, damage (if at all) to decorative brick/stone driveway....just to name a few of the things that a plow driver needs to be aware of. what about salt issues that may or may not affect newer drives (and additional cost). and what is the trigger amount at which the driver will show up and who determines that amount. i also like the fact that a "snow blower" can distribute the snow over a large portion of the yard so as not to "build" snow plies at the corners of the drive that makes it very hard to see around while backing up, especially when kids are out playing.i'm not sure of the type of neighborhood you are in or lot layout plan or if you even have private streets(at that point the plow would benifit)... thats just my 2 sense, good luck :thumbsup: :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
personally, i prefer "snow blowers" rather than a "snow plow" for residential drives, for these reasons: ... :smile:

All very true... but you left out one main reason... IT's more FUN... :smile:KennyV

dusty-t

Threads
Around town here the guys that do snow for a living charge about $300 to $350 for the season. That is for a single width driveway. I don't do it for a living and I charge about half that. It helps with the heat and hydro bills which are higher in winter. Plus it is a lot of fun. I agree $50 bucks a pop is insane unless your lane is three hundred feet long. Yer gettin ripped.:thumbdown: Dusty