SNOW REMOVAL ACCESSORIES

Threads
Now that I am prepping for winter snow removal, I was wondering what things (preferably small) I could purchase to aid me in the snow removal process (other than a truck w/ plow AND ice melt). I already have a snowblower and shovels. Are there certain accessories for snowblowers or something? Or other tools? I just feel like I don't have much.
:anyone:

slammed

Threads
Now that I am prepping for winter snow removal, I was wondering what things (preferably small) I could purchase to aid me in the snow removal process (other than a truck w/ plow AND ice melt). I already have a snowblower and shovels. Are there certain accessories for snowblowers or something? Or other tools? I just feel like I don't have much.
:anyone:

Extra shovels or another snow blower.

Threads
Extra shovels or another snow blower.

OK....I have many metal shovels for "plowing" the driveway, and a couple plastic shovels made more for scooping the snow, but I have seen many other shovels that have a curved handle that help with lifting or something, I wonder if something like that would be worth it. I have also seen shovels with big wheels so you can easily fling the snow (see link): http://www.wovel.com/Products/

slammed

Threads
OK....I have many metal shovels for "plowing" the driveway, and a couple plastic shovels made more for scooping the snow, but I have seen many other shovels that have a curved handle that help with lifting or something, I wonder if something like that would be worth it. I have also seen shovels with big wheels so you can easily fling the snow (see link): Wovel :: World's Safest Snow Shovel!

The shovel with the bent handle is to help your back. But other then that I have no idea about the one with the wheel. It would just be something you would have to try or find someone that has to tell you how they work.

Threads
The shovel with the bent handle is to help your back. But other then that I have no idea about the one with the wheel. It would just be something you would have to try or find someone that has to tell you how they work.

Personally I think the shovel with the wheel wouldn't work that well. Here is a pic of the two kinds of shovels I have now.....I guess old fashioned stuff can do the job just as well as new things (the shovel w/ wheels, etc.)
DSCN2293.jpg

possum

Threads
A good heavy push broom is nice. A plain straw sweep broom is nice. A good grain scoop shovel is nice to move heavy wet stuff. A long handled transfer shovel is nice for moving thick ice. A blower is pretty handy. Chains for the snowblower are good for getting around on ice. Extra shear pins. Replacement belts, cables. Large container for hot water to thaw out the snowblower.

Threads
I'm 16 and when I first started I road my mower wit a plow on it job to job. I found that those driveway markers are very effective. I buy a bunch for a dollar a pop and pit them on my priority accounts. Another thing is a scraper bar for ice. And a roof rake. People pay good money to do roof raking

bwdbrn1

Threads
How about one of these? It's called a Melt Buddy and attaches to your snow blower handle.

Home Page

Couple of junior high kids from Bettendorf, IA came up with it. Ariens picked it up and sell it, but you can still buy it from them direct from the kids that came up with it.

Here's an add they put on their local CL recently.

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/grd/3470493112.html

Threads
I'm 16 and when I first started I road my mower wit a plow on it job to job. I found that those driveway markers are very effective. I buy a bunch for a dollar a pop and pit them on my priority accounts. Another thing is a scraper bar for ice. And a roof rake. People pay good money to do roof raking

OK thank you. The driveway markers will be a good investment! Thanks! :smile:

Threads
How about one of these? It's called a Melt Buddy and attaches to your snow blower handle.

Home Page

Couple of junior high kids from Bettendorf, IA came up with it. Ariens picked it up and sell it, but you can still buy it from them direct from the kids that came up with it.

Here's an add they put on their local CL recently.

MeltBuddy ice snow melt spreader snow blower attachment

That is a cool idea. Maybe you could put sand in it, too, because salt is destructive to the driveways.