Snapper zero turn front pivot wheel frozen , won't swivel

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Snapper zero turn front pivot wheel frozen , won't swivel
Glad it freed up but personally I would this take it apart and clean it up and to see what actually happen to see if any repairs are needed. Basically since it froze up it will do it again in short order in my opinion as there is probably rust in there.

The job needs to be "Well Done" and not "Well Dumb". Just a pun as I don't know your workmanship. Many of us that run a professional shop has seen many of a make shift repair over the years. I got two in just a couple weeks ago where who did repairs should just quit.

What I surprised to see in the IPL is there is no rain caps preventing water from entering the front axle spindle shaft areas. Here I have yet to see a mower without these caps except where the operator has lost them. Without these caps this mower needs to stored in the dry when not in use and not outdoors.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The Ariens Zooms & Mini Zooms don't have a cap as such just a large washer which dose a poor job at water exclusion
Fairly sure the Parklander I did a while back ( rebadges Swisher had none either although they are shown ob the Swisher IPL there is no way to fit one .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well the Ariens Zoom 991087 I have in the shop currently has metal seal caps and I have seen the smaller one yet.

oneoldsap

Threads
I have a snapper zero turn . I forgot to grease up the front pivot wheel assembly and one is locked up. I took off the top spring clip and washer and sprayed WD40 on the top of the pivot . Hours later , still stuck. HELP!
All WD-40 does is displace water . Drive it out , and put new bearings into it , and you'll be good to go !

tranhv68

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a snapper zero turn . I forgot to grease up the front pivot wheel assembly and one is locked up. I took off the top spring clip and washer and sprayed WD40 on the top of the pivot . Hours later , still stuck. HELP!
how do you take off the top spring clip. there is a black plastic cap.

thanks