Snapper xd 82v blade speed

Kmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Doug
Thanks for checking back in. The shipping of this blade has been pushed three times now. Apparently snapper uses a company called power mower sales for their online orders. When I called they essentially told me the part was on back order and they have no way of telling if snapper will ever send them the part. I then called some of the local snapper service dealers and they informed me that the supply for mower parts have been impacted by the pandemic and some parts are taking 6 months to show up. I contacted snapper directly and they simply refer me to their dealers service departments when I tell them i am not satisfied with the performance of the mower. I honestly dont know what to do. I feel like this mower is just super expensive weed wacker taking up space in my garage.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lets just face it....elec mowers are not going to cut like a gas powered mower, TOO MUCH of a power difference. So, if you're going the elec route, you're going to have to deal with the cut it provides!
Don't forget those 19 inch decks LOL. And the $400 price tag on a replacement battery that will fail in 3-4 years. Not saving any money and not helping the environment at all. Power plants still have to burn coal or nuclear to charge your batteries. How about all that pollution?

How many of these new wonder battery mowers are still working, I'll be easy here, say 10 years after purchase? I have 40+ year old Snapper gas mowers that still cut like day 1.

slomo

Kmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't forget those 19 inch decks LOL. And the $400 price tag on a replacement battery that will fail in 3-4 years. Not saving any money and not helping the environment at all. Power plants still have to burn coal or nuclear to charge your batteries. How about all that pollution?

How many of these new wonder battery mowers are still working, I'll be easy here, say 10 years after purchase? I have 40+ year old Snapper gas mowers that still cut like day 1.

slomo
I tend to agree with you, although battery technology has come a long way. A few things to note. I have a pretty small yard so battery powered tools tend to be sufficient. It would be nice to get away from having gas cans laying around the garage. Also, this snapper mower is really enjoyable mow with. It is super quiet, light weight and you dont smell like exhaust when your done. The only problem is the grass does not look as good and you dont get that weird sense of satisfaction after you finish. If there was only a way for me to keep the mower on high...

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Some people will not be pleased with the current (hah) batt-pwrd, mowers. But I don't think they are all that bad for many others. I didn't switch due to environmental reasons, I did it for convenience. I belong to some other forums and on one of them there is a yard equipment thread. Folks get on there every spring and complain about equipment that won't start. I always post; "I put in the battery, pushed the button and mowed". Lol!

My electrics are not ' OMG The Millenium Falcon of lawnmowers !!!' But, they are 'adequate' replacements for my old gasser. Electric motor is just another way to spin the blade to its federally mandated 200mph tip speed. If you are regularly mowing overgrown brush - you aren't gonna like doing that with an electric. If you are maintaining a typical suburban lawn, they're fine. No oil changes, no trips to the gas station, no fuel cans, and, you can store the mowers vertically with no fluids dripping out. I have batteries pushing 8 years old. I have no regrets after having used electric in 2 different home lawns. I can't see ever going back to gas mowing.

I do my own car maintenance (I have a 17 year old car and a 14 year old car. ) and most repairs. I like working on my cars OK, mostly for the cost savings. I do not miss working on my mower.

Kmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I started this thread it was never my intention to create a comparison between battery powered and gas. I keep my gas powered mower around for the things my battery powered mower is not great at.

Back to the original question or comment. I'd would like a way to keep my blade speed on high. I have more than enough battery to do my yard in this mode. I finally received my mulching blade. Since iis February there is nothing for me to test it on. Ill install it soon and hopefully the air resistance will be enough to simulate a load. Stay tuned

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
If schematics could be obtained, it may be possible to create a 'turbo button' or switch that would foce continuous highspeed operation. I have wished for that in the past for my mower. There are many times when I KNOW high power will be required. Why not get ahead of the sensing circuitry and just hit the 'turbo'?

MowerMike

Threads
If schematics could be obtained, it may be possible to create a 'turbo button' or switch that would foce continuous highspeed operation. I have wished for that in the past for my mower. There are many times when I KNOW high power will be required. Why not get ahead of the sensing circuitry and just hit the 'turbo'?
Greenworks' new second generation 60 volt lawn mowers have precisely that, a turbo button that can force the mower into high speed operation as long as the turbo button is depressed.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It won't happen because the brain dead will work out how to have the turbo boost on all the time.
This will overheat the motor then if it has no bearings, and most don't allow the armature to go direct short
Then if the fuse fails or has been bypassed because it keeps popping by Mr Brain Dead then the batteries can go BANG big time.
Now I believe in evolution and would be quite happy for Mr Brain Dead idiot to get what he deserves, very serious injury or death.
Leaving only the people with enough common sense to live & reproduce but the government thinks otherwise .
Thus no turbo boost
If you hang round the kitchen appliance section of big retailers you will see most of the turbo boost buttons are gone from blenders & similar devices.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
It won't happen because the brain dead will work out how to have the turbo boost on all the time.
This will overheat the motor then if it has no bearings, and most don't allow the armature to go direct short
Then if the fuse fails or has been bypassed because it keeps popping by Mr Brain Dead then the batteries can go BANG big time.
Now I believe in evolution and would be quite happy for Mr Brain Dead idiot to get what he deserves, very serious injury or death.
Leaving only the people with enough common sense to live & reproduce but the government thinks otherwise .
Thus no turbo boost
If you hang round the kitchen appliance section of big retailers you will see most of the turbo boost buttons are gone from blenders & similar devices.

Maybe...it 'shouldn't' be any different than mowing an 'overgrown' lawn that would keep the power up constantly. There is protective circuitry for overload/-heat. I have had to re-set on a few occasions when my gear shut down.