Snapper xd 82v blade speed

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You said it yourself.
You have had to reset the overload a few times
Now if Mr Cranial Deficient bypasses that what happens ?
We rarely post how to bypass any safety device regardless of weather we feel they are needed or just backside covering .
But go to facebook or you boob and they are loaded with shaved monkeys posting how to bypass very simple devices that a 5 year old should be able to work out, to the amazement of the rest of their brain dead followers .
So the same thing would jappen with your turbo boost because it is a conspiracy to make you mow longer , use more batteries or give your dog fleas.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
no different really than stalling a gasser - done that a few times.

But, you are right about one thing, the average Joe shouldn't be encouraged to go in and modify any circuitry. There's real risk.

battery technology has now reached a point where the energy density is similar to low-grade explosives.

but the link mike posted is just for newer models with a factory turbo button. Should be as OK as anything else UL or w'ever listed. (doesn't mean someone won't duct tape the thing down if it's a momentary switch.....)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't know abou the States byt doun here most of the "boost" buttons go removed from kitchen choppers / shredders after some twits held it down for so long the armature softened the plastic and the appliance burst into flames then dissntergrated .
Don't know if they had played silly buggers with it but I do know the knuckle dragger last his right hand & burned the kitchen.

As for Li batteries becoming bombs, yes much more fun that a tank of petrol.
Wait till battery cars become common place & a few get T boned.
I would feel safer if they were driving around with a hydrogen cylinder in the boot.

Electric motors can deliver a lot more torque than a petrol one so if designed properly there should be no need for boosting them.

steveo64

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lets just face it....elec mowers are not going to cut like a gas powered mower, TOO MUCH of a power difference. So, if you're going the elec route, you're going to have to deal with the cut it provides!
I don’t understand this statement. The electric should have much more torque to maintain the blade speed. I’m new to the electric and i use electric motors for large Radio Control planes and they have incredible power.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
yeah, been mowing with cordless electric for over 8 years, I have never seen a reason to go back to gas yet.