Snapper Safety Switch Problem!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would usually welcome an enlarged schematic but I am unable to get the entire print on my laptop and perhaps a 50% reduction would fit. I tried to troubleshoot the print but moving it up and down is less than ideal.
Save the image as a jpg
Then open it in any image browser and from the edit menu ( usually ) find "resize" or "adjust"
It should show the image's size either in pixels or inches / cm then have another data box for resolution
Measure your screen , then change on ( not both ) of the sizes to be 10% smaller than the shorter on your screen.
Se the resolution to 72 dpi and you should now have a full size image with a nice little border on your screen.
Personally I never bother with screen diagrams
I always print them out so I can draw on them and set the printer to A3 so I get a nice large print

Mike12656

Threads
I have 2013 33” Snapper RER I bought used and it was running fine for many years
(Its a great machine) then I want to start it with the key and it would start
After going through the safety switches-wiring-mechanical parts I finally discovered it was the the module
I dont remember what I did (I must’ve went around the module) and it started right up
It been running great for 2 years except there no safety switches working
I want buy a new module but there too expensive right now
There is a guy on YouTube that works on Snapper RERs Infact I emailed him alot over the years and he diagnosed the problem and came up with a solution it was great!
I’ll have to look for link and forward to you
-Michael

Mike12656

Threads

Ed5060

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
FIXED!

I have a friend that owns a Lawn Mower Shop, but...

Try not to bother him except for emergencies...

Well, deemed this one as I did everything I knew to do, tracing, testing, ect.

He made me aware of the Tab on the Yoke that pushes up the plunger on the brake pedal switch, in the rear of the Mower.

The Tab when I looked was a whole 1/8" from even touching the plunger???

Made no sense but readjusted and it's working!!!

Thanks for the help and this might be something to file away for the future!

Save

Do you have a PIC of that plunger assembly?

Mike12656

Threads

Johner

Threads
Maybe this will help. Does your seat have bumper on it?
My problem was similar, everything checked good, changed this, new that, nothing worked.
Back to my seat, "it had bumpers maybe not the right definition" bumpers were very deuterated.
Replaced them because they needed replaced. After everything worked perfect. Might want to check the bumpers. No bull story, true.

seagiant

Threads
Hi,
Well, after all of this on My Sister's Snapper...

I was using my Snapper, cut my yard, no problem.

Then later, went to put it away, and no start???

Went straight for the Safety Switch Grounds and found that the Coil was bad!

Put in an extra used Coil and she started right up and put her away.

Probably 5 minutes of troubleshooting, so better than I was!!!

seagiant

Threads
Maybe this will help. Does your seat have bumper on it?
My problem was similar, everything checked good, changed this, new that, nothing worked.
Back to my seat, "it had bumpers maybe not the right definition" bumpers were very deuterated.
Replaced them because they needed replaced. After everything worked perfect. Might want to check the bumpers. No bull story, true.
Hi,
I found my problem and FIXED, but thanks, Jim Jackson is a good Man and a great help with these Mowers!!!