Snapper s50x headlight installation

wingstrut

Threads
Sorry for not getting this project done, this time of the year is very busy and I haven't had time to install my headlights, plus mowing season is basically over, even in the south.
I started out to the shed twice and got sidetracked both times.
I'm busy with getting my 1950 chevy 3100 truck ready for the rod runs this year, plus painting the house, I will do my best to get the headlight installation done before Christmas.
Ron

gfp55

Threads
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. We'll be waiting.

wingstrut

Threads
Well Fellas, I finally got around to it, it took me every bit of 30 minutes, I should have done it sooner. Sorry
You basically bolt the headlights to two holes already in the front of the mower then run the wire along the frame, the instructions show a diagram.
Install the switch and connect a ground wire to the frame.
These suckers are bright, I will send a photo when I get a chance to take one at night.
The only problem was a connector of some type in the line that was not mentioned and was not connected to the circuit, I had to put a fuse like the type that are in the modern cars and trucks to make the circuit.

I can't seem to get my photo's to this site, as soon as I can figure it out I will print them.

gfp55

Threads
Great, we'll be waiting for them pictures.

wingstrut

Threads
I attached the wiring to the main wiring harness to be sure it wouldn't come in contact with any moving parts.
The ground lug was supposed to be grounded to the frame, but couldn't find the place the instructions showed to attach it, so I attached it to the engine.
The lights are adjustable up and down just by moving them with your hand, there are four indents that you can set them to.
The lights are very bright, I was expecting the typical lighting that comes with most mowers, they glow rather than project light, these guys do a respectable job.
Now that I have figured out how to supply photos I will send a night shot as soon as I get the chance................Ron

I bought a seven thousand dollar john deere, and when I turned on the headlights, was I disappointed, it was like lighting a candle, pretty sad.
I have a Kubota B2620 tractor that is a little better, but not much. I don't know why these manufacturers can't do better with their lights.