Snapper Pro Starter

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think you will be able to use the long starter. some of the blocks have protrusions that would interfere with the bottom of the starter. which is the reason for the shorter starter. Also the smaller hp engines would use the shorter starter. Seems like some people did some block mods to make room for the longer starter also.

jackislost1

Threads
Watched the video and he had the part number 497596 on his you tube channel. Went tp briggs and Stratton website and the part number does lead to a starter with the description of:

-Genuine replacement electric starter used on selectTwin Cylinder engines. This OEM part ensures proper fit and performance to maintain the life of your Briggs & Stratton engine.

Seems to me that this one would be the 3 5/8" wide and it is about 7" long. There is also another option when I search that part number, the description reads---

"Display pack of 1 (497596) starter motor. Genuine replacement electric starter used on select opposed twin cylinder engines from 14 24 HP. This OEM part ensures proper fit and performance to maintain the life of your Briggs & Stratton engine."

That one looks to be 4 1/4" wide by the same 7" tall or long. Is there an advantage to using one over the other? Would the mounting holes on the mower work with either or starter?

Thanks for sending the info ILENGINE. I do appreciate the back and forth and all the help you have provided. Have a good one.

Jack

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The advantage of using the longer starter is it creates a higher starting torque.