Snapper Model 30113S Repair/Rebuild

kncrsr5r

Threads
So some of you know I came into a Snapper RER at a decent price.
050211101200.jpg

Yesterday I got all the years of crud/grime/caked on grass off of it. Turned the engine and its not frozen. Confirmed dead battery. Also removed air cleaner and noticed that all of the linkage was very stiff. After I carefully got them moving I called it a night. So I went to wally world and they had a battery for it in stock.

Came home today and installed the new battery. I hit the electric start once and it turned over a few times. So...I made sure the gas was flowing to the carb and tried to get it running. I could not. I did pour a small amount of gas straight in to the carb, and on the first stroke it fired right up and ran until out of gas.

So I have a lack of gas at the carb issue.

Do they make rebuild kits? Is a good soak in some gas all it may need?

Goal is to get it running and cutting, then I can make it pretty. :wink:

Also, any clear way to determine year of manufacture?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
So some of you know I came into a Snapper RER at a decent price.
Yesterday I got all the years of crud/grime/caked on grass off of it. Turned the engine and its not frozen. Confirmed dead battery. Also removed air cleaner and noticed that all of the linkage was very stiff. After I carefully got them moving I called it a night. So I went to wally world and they had a battery for it in stock.

Came home today and installed the new battery. I hit the electric start once and it turned over a few times. So...I made sure the gas was flowing to the carb and tried to get it running. I could not. I did pour a small amount of gas straight in to the carb, and on the first stroke it fired right up and ran until out of gas.

So I have a lack of gas at the carb issue.

Do they make rebuild kits? Is a good soak in some gas all it may need?

Goal is to get it running and cutting, then I can make it pretty. :wink:

Also, any clear way to determine year of manufacture?

Yes, as far as the year goes, I posted in a thread in the Snapper forum not but yesterday. The first two digits of the 'code' on the B&S fan shroud (stamped somewhere) are the year. That looks to be the original engine, so that'll give you the year of the machine, too.

Sounds like you're gonna have to take the bowl apart and give the whole carb a good cleaning. Soak it but good once it's apart in Carb cleaner. Yes, they have rebuild kits, but the float isn't included. I'd get one just to be safe. B&S floats aren't cheap, neither are the kits, but since you got such a great deal on the purchase price....:wink:....it'll be well worth it.

I'd also replace the fuel lines and the filter (if it still has one - if not, get one)

You'll be up and running in no time!

kncrsr5r

Threads
A little more progress. I got started on the clean-up, carb removal, degrease, etc. Looks like a critter had a nice little home...:rolleyes:

Need to get some gaskets now, and a rebuild kit just for good measure. Everything on this mower is stock. Pretty sure it was always taken to the local dealer for service, etc.

050511180805.jpg

050511180822.jpg

050511180842.jpg

050511180935.jpg

050511180955.jpg

050511182807.jpg

050511200914.jpg

050511201031.jpg

050511204819.jpg

050511204838.jpg

050511204856.jpg

050511200850.jpg

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
NICE JOB! I trust this poor, neglected (at least for the last few years) Snapper in your worthy hands. :biggrin:

I am salivating for more progress.....you do a thorough job! Kudos!

Don't forget the 'Ivory' Krylon to keep everything antique -lookin. :wink:

Good thing you had to tear it apart - if it'd started right off, you woulda had a real mess with that nest......if not a fire, and a WORSE mess. :shocked:

rer

Threads
Nice clean feeling. This reminds me of the day I received my Snapper. Just wish I had those bars.

CajunCub

Threads
Now those were the days of have a good lawn mower for years.....You got a nice project & your doing it very good! Replace those carb mount bolts with some new socket head bolts & lock washers, you'll get a better seal at the block and they won't back off on you. Good luck!:thumbsup:

kncrsr5r

Threads
Ah yes, the bars do make it easier to clean and work on some areas of the machine for sure.

One of mine is bent, and so while stood on end, it is a little wobbly. Safe, but not as safe as it could be.

Bonus, have found a few old B&S engines out at my wife's familie's farm that could be used for parts if needed. :smile:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
You get the original running? What year is it?