Snapper LT125 - Drive Belt Replacement

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I’m confused, according to what I’ve looked up 1728000SM and 1728001SM are both V-pulleys and 1728008SM is the drive belt. What am I missing?
Maybe some images helps.

1673181198980.png
1673181259634.png
1673181480577.png
V-BELT HA 089.3 LG per Briggs

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Will do! Thank you! Yes - Electric PTO clutch was removed earlier today, and pulled the steering shaft because the belt straddles the shaft.
Sounds like a typical Murray design.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your mower has a Tufftorq K46 hydro transmission. These are known for early failures. Sure hope I'm wrong but I suspect the drive belt is not the problem unless it's totally shot.

BohoRex

Threads
Your mower has a Tufftorq K46 hydro transmission. These are known for early failures. Sure hope I'm wrong but I suspect the drive belt is not the problem unless it's totally shot.
I should find out in the next 48 hours. the pulleys and belt shoud be here tomorrow... Crossing my fingers that it's these maintenance items and not the transmission.

I've found several resources on these transmissions - from tutorials on DIY rebuilds - to folks that will do a rebuild and ship it back.. so there's options... Just - none of them look fun.

(edit - later this evening after some more googling. Yeah - looks like my experienced symptoms are typical for a K46 that's worn out. I'm okay with doing a rebuild if I have to... - just not looking forward to it. )

Last edited:

BohoRex

Threads
Getting things put back together - and ready to torque down the bolt holding the electric clutch (55 ft lbs). How do you hold the flywheel to keep it from turning the engine while trying to torque that bolt? I'm not seeing a convenient (or any) place to jam a screwdriver or wrench - where I'm not going to risk breaking a flywheel tooth or something.

Maybe a few ugga-duggas with my air-impact and call it good? (I'd rather make sure it's torqued correctly)

EDIT - I found an old crescent wrench that I fed through the fan fins to hold the top bolt while torquing underneath.

Attachments

• Crescent_To_Torque.jpg
    Crescent_To_Torque.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

BohoRex

Threads
The new belt & pulleys help. They'll buy me time to see about a rebuild kit later for the TuffTorq. About to put the deck back on - and clear up the space on my driveway before the city sends me a love letter about projects being left on the driveway. lol