Snapper 21401P saved

SnapperMowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
This looks great, SnapperFreak! We can't wait to see the finished result!

Snapperfreak

Threads
Thanks, good news is I got it running. I think the piston was just stuck, sprayed a little wd40 in the spark plug hole and got it free. Running pretty well, until the starter clutch started screaming and spitting out the recoil string. So I'll clean that up this weekend and let it run awhile. Needs a new drive belt and air filter but all in all it's a pretty easy fix. Will post more complete pics this weekend.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not bad for an old mower! I love Snapper mowers. You should check out YBravo and le me know what you think about those mowers. They seem very similar to a Snapper. Once I get my Snapper, I will take some pictures to compare.

Snapperfreak

Threads
I'll take a look at the YBravo next time I'm at the shop. I used to see them frequently with the landscapers but don't see them around much lately.

Ok got the starter clutch all cleaned. Starts and runs now after a few pulls but won't stay running more than about 15-20 seconds max so should just be a carb cleaning. That will be a job for another day, at least I know it runs and is all cleaned up. I do need to clean the front wheels but, another day.

image-964219107.jpg

image-2468131684.jpg

image-1557487796.jpg

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very nice job! I think that Snapper mowers look even better when they have the bagger on. I guess this one didn't come with it?

Maybe landscapers lost interests in the Ybravo mowers?

Snapperfreak

Threads
Here we go...one of my NOS bags. For display only haha!

image-1161428441.jpg

image-4192990143.jpg

Snapperfreak

Threads
Not sure about if landscapers fell out of love with the YBravos but now I'm curious. Around here I mostly see them with toro or exmark but I will ask the shop when I go in there...which will be soon because I need to pay on my layaway (Shindaiwa T242!).

Yes the mower came with a bag but it has some tears on the bottom. The hardware is good but the bag not so much. These NOS bags of mine I don't use of course but it looks good on it. The mower is a 1983 and the bag is dated 1982. Once this is running well I will definitely be using it regularly.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
It looks so good with a bag! Just what is a NOS bag?

I see that the self propelled handle to make the mower move forward has not changed. Is it easy to use as compared to a traditionnal bail that you squeeze?

Please let me know about those Ybravo mowers. I am the only here that has one. I feel special ahaha.

Snapperfreak

Threads
NOS is new old stock. I've got a few of them. As for the drive engagement, I really like the snapper design. The little lever on the side that folds over is do easy to use. The bail for the flywheel brake I used to remove but now keep them on for that original factory look. Only my commercial and extra tough models have no flywheel brake bail.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
NOS is new old stock. I've got a few of them. As for the drive engagement, I really like the snapper design. The little lever on the side that folds over is do easy to use. The bail for the flywheel brake I used to remove but now keep them on for that original factory look. Only my commercial and extra tough models have no flywheel brake bail.

Thanks for the clarification on NOS.
Good to know about the bail. Can't wait to get mine.