Snap Ring Help!

mikeeee372

Threads
I cannot remove the pulley because there is some sort of snap ring I think holding it on the shaft. See picture. Any help very much appreciated!
2000 Dixie Chopper xw2500 trans pulley.

Attachments

• IMG_0337 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0337 Small.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 92

mikeeee372

Threads
I cannot remove the pulley because there is some sort of snap ring I think holding it on the shaft. See picture. Any help very much appreciated!
2000 Dixie Chopper xw2500 trans pulley.
Or is it held on a different way?

mikeeee372

Threads
Ok I’ll heat up the pulley and see what happens. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated! It has been on there for almost 25 years. So stuck certainly sounds reasonable. I checked for an Allen head scr

mikeeee372

Threads
Allen head screw on top of neck on pulley and there is not one

mikeeee372

Threads
So no luck so far. Anybody got any other suggestions? I may not have heated it up enough. I’m going to repeat the process several times tomorrow and see what happens. Sprayed it with pb blaster going to let that soak in overnight. Thanks for any additional advice.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can't be using a propane torch; unless, it is boosted by O2. What you really need is an ACE/OX torch to produce heat quickly the enlarge the pulley before enlarging the shaft.

mikeeee372

Threads
Can't be using a propane torch; unless, it is boosted by O2. What you really need is an ACE/OX torch to produce heat quickly the enlarge the pulley before enlarging the shaft.
You are right! Don’t have ace/ox torch so I elected to cut it off. Found a new pulley and ordered it. Will let u know how it goes. Thanks for the info.