Smoke checked

MB61

Forum Newbie
Threads
2019 Z930M carbureted , New to this site
mower shutoff at idle and never started again , battery good , gas good , fuel lines clear
engine was turning over but no start , can siphon fuel from tank , part on carb is working
decided to change the ignition switch so the cover for the controls side was off , we got a blowing rain
the mower was under cover but moisture on everything , dried all parts i could get to, put terminals
back on battery installed new switch put cover back on then smoke pouring out ,burnt up the control module
and the connector plug , picking up new control mod and wiring harness this morning .
Anything else i should check ?

Last edited:

MB61

Forum Newbie
Threads
2019 Z930M carbureted , New to this site
mower shutoff at idle and never started again , battery good , gas good , fuel lines clear
engine was turning over but no start , can siphon fuel from tank , part on carb is working
decided to change the ignition switch so the cover for the controls side was off , we got a blowing rain
the mower was under cover but moisture on everything , dried all parts i could get to, put terminals
back on battery installed new switch put cover back on then smoke pouring out ,burnt up the control module
and the connector plug , picking up new control mod and wiring harness this morning .
Anything else i should check ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do yourself a big favour & buy the JD technical manual for your mower.
It is way too expensive to faff around in the dark
If you have spark and fuel to the carb the next trick is some fuel down the plug hole
If it fires up then the prime suspect is the solenoid in the carburettor float bowl .

Don't throw the old board out, most are repairable

MB61

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do yourself a big favour & buy the JD technical manual for your mower.
It is way too expensive to faff around in the dark
If you have spark and fuel to the carb the next trick is some fuel down the plug hole
If it fires up then the prime suspect is the solenoid in the carburettor float bowl .

Don't throw the old board out, most are repairable
Thanks for the info