Small Quite Air Compressors

RayMcD

Threads
Curious what model anyone has tired of the small quite Air Compressor? I recently got a 2gallon Husky. Initial review is very favorable, time will tell how it holds up. Normal use is tire inflation and small cleaning jobs like the vacuum cleaner filter. It certainly is quite, much preferred over my old clanger, fills is ~2 mins, recovers very quickly. Cheers, Ray

bkeller500

Threads
California Air Tools makes several models that are very quiet. I have one of their small units for similar use and it is very reliable and very quiet.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The quietist compressors are the rotary vane type
Hydrovane is a brand name I know
I have one I bought from a servo that closed down
You can not hear it running from 10 foot away
Down side is because they are 100% commercial applications they are commercial prices ( same as mowers ) and because they are often fitted to the actual machine they are powering mostly they do not have a reciever So are sold as just the compressor.
way back I got a pile from a closing down auction and fitted them to old piston compressor tanks where the compressors had packed it in.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mine is Black Maxx Series Powermate, from Coleman & is well over 30 years old, & never given me trouble. I service it regularly of course..

It has 3-1/2 hp piston driven, & a 5 gal tank, &. Used to spray paint a fair bit, now the paints will kill ya.

Certainly not the quietest, but am very used to it. Run it on 220v.

Last edited:

SHB

Threads
I have one of the Harbor Freight low noise compressors, would never go back to the old style diaphragm style.