Slow it down

okfine

Threads
I was wondering if there was a way to slow down a rer besides throttle it down. any thoughts.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was wondering if there was a way to slow down a rer besides throttle it down. any thoughts.

Ok I might be a little crazy but I think it would help if we knew what brand mower your talking about.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

okfine

Threads
Ok I have a rear engine rider series 23, Model 281223BVE, It has the clutch disc on it which I have just replaced. I know the request is a bit out of the ordinary but if there is something someone might suggest that would be great

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok I have a rear engine rider series 23, Model 281223BVE, It has the clutch disc on it which I have just replaced. I know the request is a bit out of the ordinary but if there is something someone might suggest that would be great

Sound like the disk is not adjusted right.
When in first the disk should be almost touching the center of the drive wheel.

First gear should be slower than I slow walk.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Tommyboyxd

Threads
Also you may want to check the Shift Detent. See attached pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 23

Rickochet

Threads
Also you may want to check the Shift Detent. See attached pic
I am having a similar issue with a 2013 RER Snapper. The problem is that it does not have a detent for every speed like the old ones. It has one at neutral and one where is goes too slow for what I would consider normal mowing. If you move it out of that detent the lever moves forward on it's own about an inch and goes faster than I want.