Slop and wobble in wheel/ spindle

Gearjammer

Threads
I've got a 2554 Husqvarna tractor that I recently replaced a spindle and draglink on, and that seems to have pretty much solved the toe in/ toe out issue. Now I'd like to figure out a way to take out the slop and wobble between the wheel and the spindle, so that the front wheels will track straight and true. Any fairly permanent fixes?? Those little plastic sleeves and e clips don't seem to hold up very long. Thanks for any ideas you guys might give me. Gearjammer

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't know what size tires you have. Maybe look for something that uses your tire size with roller or brass bearings..

Gearjammer

Threads
Mechanic Mark-- Thanks for the good information. I had those parts mentioned apart when I replaced the draglink and spindle, and greased them up pretty good. I noticed a lot of wear on the steering post gear that seemed to cause some slop also, but helped it so much with the draglink that I let it go with a good greasing. I'm hoping I can tighten up the slop with some cheap new parts holding the wheel to the spindle. Would love to find a stronger sleeve than the cheap plastic that is the standard part, but have my doubts. Also, I'm holding the steering post up with a hairpin type clip instead of the spring retainer clip and it seems to catch on the two bolts holding the bottom steering post bracket in place. Regards and thanks again. Gearjammer