Slime vs Briggs tire sealer

Which Tire sealer do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Will it really work in tube type tires never tried it was told it would not work.

I don't know the difference, but apparently "Slime" has two types. One for tubes and one for just tires.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't like the green slime it just balls up in what looks like cotton ball, have seen them almost as big as a marble.

Double Leg1

Forum Newbie
Threads
No thanks.

To each his own, but I want no part of inner tube on anything I own, much less a mower. ?
My problem are thorns. Tubes, are a NO NO. Just saying 80% of the time you will not find the thorn upon inspection. YUP, there goes another tube.

nbpt100

Threads
I have always been against using Slime and similar products for all of the reasons people has well stated here. However I may be interested to use this product after seeing a test performed by Project Farm(he does not take money from companies selling what he tests) on tire sealers. A product made by multi seal called Flat out. it claims to last upto 10 years. Slime I believe is 2. It will also plug upto a 1/2 inch hole. It is water soluable for easy clean up and freeze resistant. It is used by the construciton industry in equipment. He found that none of those tested cause rust. Including slime. I have removed tires before and found water in there. Water causes rust. So my guess is that there was some water in there with the Slime or other product when rust was found. For something like an off road implement, i.e. lawn tractor, snow blower, etc. it is low risk to try it out. If it works for 5 years as stated I would be happy.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
My problem are thorns. Tubes, are a NO NO. Just saying 80% of the time you will not find the thorn upon inspection. YUP, there goes another tube.
That what the back of your hand is for. I find a lot of the small thorns that way.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was told that the Briggs sealant would not rust steel rims. That they put stuff in them to prevent that. And looking at this website, it says Slime is doing the same thing.

I've used both. But only on customers tires. I can't remember one ever coming back.

Looking on Amazon, I found this stuff.
Phantom Farm Ballast and Tire Sealant. The reviews say it's extreme good stuff. But hard to put in a valve stem because it's sooo thick. I asked how much would it take to fix dry rot cracks on a riding mower, this morning. But haven't gotten a reply yet.
View attachment 45657
Fix dry rot tires? By the time you waste buying tire jizzo and your labor, new tires can be had. Plus like mentioned getting it into the tire, well all the pitfalls......

nbpt100

Threads
Fix dry rot tires? By the time you waste buying tire jizzo and your labor, new tires can be had. Plus like mentioned getting it into the tire, well all the pitfalls......
Yes, replace tires with dry rot. However they are a lot of other causes for flat tires that "tire jizzo" may make a lot of sense. Have you seen the cost of new tires lately?