Export thread

Slime tube

metz12

metz12

Do I have had a problem with my front left tire on my craftsman. There is a bunch of little pin holes inside the tread. Have any of you guys used slime tubes for anything? Or should I just buy a regular tube?

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Do I have had a problem with my front left tire on my craftsman. There is a bunch of little pin holes inside the tread. Have any of you guys used slime tubes for anything? Or should I just buy a regular tube?
I used stuff called green slime on a go kart tire before. It worked really good and patched the hole up.

metz12

metz12

I used stuff called green slime on a go kart tire before. It worked really good and patched the hole up.

Alright cool.

Carscw

Carscw

Slime works very good the down side is when it's time for a new tire your most likely going to have to replace the rim ( wheel ) and as we all know you wear the front tires out 2 or 3 times before the backs.
I would go with the tube

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

metz12

metz12

Slime works very good the down side is when it's time for a new tire your most likely going to have to replace the rim ( wheel ) and as we all know you wear the front tires out 2 or 3 times before the backs.
I would go with the tube

I think i might buy a tube and put slime in the inside of the tire. i do alot of stuff in the woods with bryers so i that will be what i will do

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

I would go with the tube

Yeah, the slime does make a mess of the rim.

metz12

metz12

I think i might buy a tube and put slime in the inside of the tire. i do alot of stuff in the woods with bryers so i that will be what i will do

Actually you do make a good point. i dont think i will do that. mabye if it were the back tire i will use the slime since my back tires are like 75bucks lol

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Actually you do make a good point. i dont think i will do that. mabye if it were the back tire i will use the slime since my back tires are like 75bucks lol

I have seen a tube at home depot that was made by Green Slime and t would patch itself if it got punctured. You could see if you ca find the right size in one of those.

metz12

metz12

I have seen a tube at home depot that was made by Green Slime and t would patch itself if it got punctured. You could see if you ca find the right size in one of those.

ya i read some reviews on those and they seen pretty decent.

midnite rider

midnite rider

I repaired a rear tire with one on one of my lawn tractors. It worked out well and the tube was of good quality. :thumbsup:

Attachments

metz12

metz12

I repaired a rear tire with one on one of my lawn tractors. It worked out well and the tube was of good quality. :thumbsup:

Cool, thats was just looking at to buy!

R

Rivets

If you use any slime in your wheel make sure you tell you mechanic when they have to replace your tire or tube. If I have a tire or tube that I don't know has slime I will charge an extra $50 to work on. ($25 if I know about). It may work, but creates a real mess for those of us who have to work on it. I would never use it.

midnite rider

midnite rider

I agree that you should let your tire repairer know that there is slime inside, but most of us are our tire repairer. Respectively if we are taking the time and effort to manually remove a 6" or 8" lawnmower tire from the rim with a couple of screwdrivers and putting a slime tube in our tire we probably will be repairing it ourself anyway if need be. I have removed slime from tires myself, all you have to do is wash it out with a hose right into the drain. Slime is water soluble and environmentally friendly so there is no problem there. Whatever water is left over, just vacuum or wipe it out. The only problem is when someone pops the bead under pressure and without knowing there is slime inside. I agree that can be a mess but honestly, just hose the crud out it takes 2 minutes. I would rather spend an extra 2 minutes down the road then spend hours being stuck somewhere plus the time and cost savings of having the tire repaired by someone. When replacing with a slime tube you do not have any of these issues. To the do it yourselfer I recommend the stuff wholeheartedly. :thumbsup:
Oh and by the way I used it in my wheelbarrow tire and it stayed liquid for 4 years. When it dry's up it just turns to fibers which makes it even easier to clean out. Just my :2cents:

R

Rivets

Remember there are different types of sealers which all do the something as "slime". Some are not water soluble. The water soluble ones do get hard and stiff in our cold winters. Have lost more shop uniforms than I care to mention, due to that stuff. That's why we charge more when we find it.