Skunk Smell?

Bethieboo

Threads
I am so sorry to hear about your dilemma. Sounds like getting rid of that smell really is a challenge. Could be worse. I know a family who had to move because a family of skunks moved in under there house. Long story but that house will never be the same.

Madi

Threads
I left him soaking in Oxy today and then bathed him a few times today so that I could get him smelling a bit better and I have to say he actually smells better, he may be able to spend the night in the house again.

Hershey

Threads
Be very careful about those dog baths. They can have adverse effects. I recommend calling your vet for advice. I think that is the safest way to protect your pet.

dria

Threads
So the Oxy seems to work. That is good news. So is that Oxy as in the Oxy clean you buy at the store to wash your clothing with or is it a different product?

Attachments

• Murray side view.jpg
    Murray side view.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Murray front view.jpg
    Murray front view.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Murray rear view.jpg
    Murray rear view.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Murray engine detail.jpg
    Murray engine detail.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 7
  • Murray data plate.jpg
    Murray data plate.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 5

Madi

Threads
Just the plain Oxy Laundry soap in the grocery store, it actually works very well for skunk smell, my poor dog got to spend last night in the house because it was finally dissipated.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad it helped - :thumbsup: :biggrin: I would use some conditioner like cetaphyl without the perfumes in them or a lanolin based product for dogs.

Just the plain Oxy Laundry soap in the grocery store, it actually works very well for skunk smell, my poor dog got to spend last night in the house because it was finally dissipated.

Hershey

Threads
I would still suggest calling the vet for their suggestion or at least to make sure that the product you use is safe for the dog. I've heard some horror stories so I strongly advocate the old adage of better safe than sorry.

Madi

Threads
I called the vet, all the concerns had me worried for my poor guy's safety. I went and got him some conditioning shampoo to wash him with to counteract the drying of the Oxy, the vet said he would be alright.