simplicity landlord 2001 K71 transaxle

greatdane

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks, thats what i was wondering.
Sir, not an expert by any means. Its easier to get parts for my 55 ford compared to simplicity parts. They have discontinued so many parts. Best thing is to research your model number on sites like Jacks small engines and parts tree and google items. Also tractor forum groups. Most are old post but it still might help you. Diagram will come up and you can look in the trans axle group. Mine was a 95 and a 98 year models. They made two axles for those. One was a cheap on you could not work on , the other was a k61 tuff torq which you could take apart. They made alot of tuff torq axles. Alot of numbers to look at. The diagrams helped me to decide to take it apart after a year trying to find one in a junk yard. The thing that help me out the most was taking pictures of it as I was taking it apart. Then to clean it and put it back together and cross your fingers. Go to you tube thats helps too. Taryl Fixes All. Is a good one to watch. They act silly for their videos. I learned alot from them. All I can help you with Sir.

oldntired55

Threads
Sir, not an expert by any means. Its easier to get parts for my 55 ford compared to simplicity parts. They have discontinued so many parts. Best thing is to research your model number on sites like Jacks small engines and parts tree and google items. Also tractor forum groups. Most are old post but it still might help you. Diagram will come up and you can look in the trans axle group. Mine was a 95 and a 98 year models. They made two axles for those. One was a cheap on you could not work on , the other was a k61 tuff torq which you could take apart. They made alot of tuff torq axles. Alot of numbers to look at. The diagrams helped me to decide to take it apart after a year trying to find one in a junk yard. The thing that help me out the most was taking pictures of it as I was taking it apart. Then to clean it and put it back together and cross your fingers. Go to you tube thats helps too. Taryl Fixes All. Is a good one to watch. They act silly for their videos. I learned alot from them. All I can help you with Sir.
yes i am about to tear this apart, i have 2 Broadmoors with tuff torq's in them. as a retired mechanic with 20 yrs worth of rebuilding automatic transmissions, im not 'afraid ' to tear into it, it's more being afraid of needing parts, that are obsolete...or way out of my social security income. tks again for your input!