simplicity landlord 2001 K71 transaxle

greatdane

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, We have not had any snow here in ohio yet. Time to tackle the mower problems. I traded work for this landlord mower. You know the story dropped off when not at home. [ oh boy ]. Had to put a 26 hp briggs on it. Mower deck needed 2 shafts, 500 bucks and 10 weeks to get from parts house and all new belts too.
Mowing season was over by then and went to move it to storage building and would go in forward and in reverse at a idle. It says on the bottom of cast aluminum transaxle with raised letters K71 1A6370-24160 . Give it the gas and same idle speed. No fast movement with the throttle all the way open. Had to get new hydraulic lift hose. Deck goes up and down and power steering works. The trans axle is clean with no signs of leaking oil. I drained the transaxle put new filter on the top and checked the lower filter screen cleaned and put new oil in. After all of that same results. ????? So what gives. I cant find a local transaxle in my area and to trust one unless you seen it in action. Any thoughts and where can I get a trans axle rebuild kit from. Have too much in it now for scrap yard price. About like marriage. Thanks Everyone

Catenary Kid

Forum Newbie
Threads
FYI: in case you didn't know, the brainiacs at Briggs & Stratton decided, in their infinite wisdom, to discontinue Simplicity, Snapper and one other line in ther entirety. So, even if you found the part number, you likely won't be able to find the part. I have been waiting for over 6 months for a roller for my 54" Regency deck. Good Luck!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads