Simplicity deck height adjustment motor

pabird

Threads
What the heck is going on? Sure hope someone can set me straight on this. My Broadmore 48" fabbed deck height adjustment motor won't work from the dash switch. I've checked for power at the connector at the motor and get +12v and -12v from the switch. I then put 12v directly into the motor through the connector and the motor works fine. Great. Must be a faulty connector. Replaced the connector and it still doesn't work! I really don't know where to go from here. Any help appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Try putting 12VDC directly to the connector at the switch. If motor runs bad switch, motor doesn’t run bad wire or wires between switch and motor.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
unplug harness from rocker switch behind dash, brush dirt away with old toothbrush etc. at both connections, apply Dielectric Grease to rocker switch & reconnect harness to rocker switch & give her a try, also check attaching points at rear of deck.

pabird

Threads
Thanks for those ideas. I'll give them a try first thing Monday. Been a little crazy around here!

pabird

Threads
Ok so I cleaned the contacts at the switch, still won't work. I put power directly to the connector at the switch and the motor works. Although I had previously checked for power at the connector after the switch and got +12 and -12volts I ordered a new switch. I'll let you know how it works out.

pabird

Threads
An update on my height adjustment problem. The new switch came in today and after installing it everything works fine. Thanks rivets and mechanic mark.

stuckinnj

Threads
So here's shot in the dark - Just purchased a new Broadmoor w/48" deck - obsolete and Classic. Got a good deal. Looking for a mulch kit or blocking plate. According to dealer, Simplicity didn't make such a kit. Anyone know if one is available? trying to keep the grass out of my beds.