Simplicity 2022 price increase is significant

bkeller500

Threads
Just happened to glance at the Simplicity Mfg web site and noticed My Simplicity Courier XT rose from $ 5199 in August 2021 to $6299 in December 2021. Looks like the other Simplicity Equipment took a big hit too. Then I took a look at John Deere and pretty much the same thing. I guess the COVID situation, and the supply chain crises forced some price adjustments. I had been thinking my XT was a little underpriced when I purchased it but assumed Simplicity was just trying to capture some market share with it. Not so sure what will happen next. I wonder if Ferris, Kubota, Hustler, Scagg and Toro will do likewise. 2022 will be an interesting year for equipment purchasing. Stay tuned.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For the past 20 years we have been living in a fools paradise by outsourcing manufacturing to third world countries which kept the prices artifically low.
Now that things that are labled "made in the USA" are in fact made in the USA as distinct from assembled in the USA from parts imported from third world countries, then the real prices will become apparent and workers will now start to realize how much management is underpaying them for their input .

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I & both sons own older Simplicity lawn tractors with B&S Vanguard engines, my sons tractors have low hours. The 2006 has 99 hours & the 2010 has 201 hours, my 2010 has 478 hours. My younger son occasionally finds an older Simplicity for sale with low hours & gives me a call & we go have a look with trailer in tow. Simplicity tractors are assembled in Wisconsin so most folks in the south are not familiar with them. When I purchased my 2010 Broadmoor new in Tennessee at the dealer you could choose engine manufacturer, h.p., on all models including transaxle, etc. Not so now, all models come standard except the Legacy XL, the most expensive tractor Simplicity sells. My point is take your time looking for a used lawn tractor with low hours, the engine you want, deck size, transaxle, etc. for $2000 or less.

bkeller500

Threads
I & both sons own older Simplicity lawn tractors with B&S Vanguard engines, my sons tractors have low hours. The 2006 has 99 hours & the 2010 has 201 hours, my 2010 has 478 hours. My younger son occasionally finds an older Simplicity for sale with low hours & gives me a call & we go have a look with trailer in tow. Simplicity tractors are assembled in Wisconsin so most folks in the south are not familiar with them. When I purchased my 2010 Broadmoor new in Tennessee at the dealer you could choose engine manufacturer, h.p., on all models including transaxle, etc. Not so now, all models come standard except the Legacy XL, the most expensive tractor Simplicity sells. My point is take your time looking for a used lawn tractor with low hours, the engine you want, deck size, transaxle, etc. for $2000 or less.
The tractor pricing is likely to climb as well in the used market. When the cost of new takes a big jump, the value of used increases as well. I have had 4-different Simplicity models and enjoyed each one. I rarely see a used one that is in good shape but I am sure they are out there. It's amazing that your sons have a 2006 & 2010 with 99 & 201 hours. I have a 2021 ( purchased in August ) with 60 hours already.

bkeller500

Threads
For the past 20 years we have been living in a fools paradise by outsourcing manufacturing to third world countries which kept the prices artifically low.
Now that things that are labled "made in the USA" are in fact made in the USA as distinct from assembled in the USA from parts imported from third world countries, then the real prices will become apparent and workers will now start to realize how much management is underpaying them for their input .
I think you are correct on the fools paradise statement........we are going to see our cost on everything climb rapidly as we transition away from foreign supply. Your also probably correct about the pay situation. Perhaps now manufactures will realize their employees are worth more and the executives are not as deserving as in the past. I have said al along that if we pay our workers well so they can afford our products then our economy can survive. An underemployed worker cannot heal a wounded economy.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think you are correct on the fools paradise statement........we are going to see our cost on everything climb rapidly as we transition away from foreign supply. Your also probably correct about the pay situation. Perhaps now manufactures will realize their employees are worth more and the executives are not as deserving as in the past. I have said al along that if we pay our workers well so they can afford our products then our economy can survive. An underemployed worker cannot heal a wounded economy.
In one of the books about Henry Ford their was a story that when he was at one of his factories he noticed there were almost no Fords in the car park.
He quized the night watchman about this & was told that his workers could not afford to buy his cars
So he gave them a wage increase & iniated an employee purchase plan.
It would not happen now days.
The boss would sack all of the employees for being disloyal and get a labour hire company to provide contract labour at 1/2 the rate

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes used market is red hot, Ie: My 2014 Toro 4260 I used for 7 years, & recently sold it overnight for all but $300. And I mean counting taxes etc price.
I had 17 buyers lined up. Overwhelming. I was floored, no-one even wanted to haggle on price, which I fully expected to happen. But didn't..

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stopped by the local TSC the other day just to look at the prices of the Cub Cadet mowers. 19 hp 42 inch cut hydro drive was S1999.99 next up twin cylinder with 46 inch deck was $2199.99. Made me stop and think about what I am going to price my used mowers for. Is a good one with everything repaired that it needs be worth $1000.00.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe more, you can always lower a price. Hard to raise it..

I listed on Marketplace, no fees at all.

Ebay went crazy w/fee increases & now they want bank account, & SS # etc.. I don't think so.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't do face book.