Shinidiawa BP leaf blower (EB630) runs rough

TommyCee

Forum Newbie
I have the Shindiawa back pack leaf blower (EB630) which was given to me b/c it ran rough (or not at all) for the original owner. I got it to run and it ran great for several days. Then I parked it for a couple weeks.

I just tried to start it today and it ran for about 2 minutes then died. I then noticed that it only ran intermittently when I used the choke. When the choke was taken off, it ran for a second or so, then tried to die. Back on w/ the choke it and it recovered but then began to run a bit rough, so off with the choke and same thing, over an over.

The fuel is a fresh mix. It sounds like it's having trouble getting a reliable fuel supply to the carb.

Has anyone experienced this symptom w/ the Shindiawa BP blower and if so, what is the most likely problem?

Cracked full line? Or does it sound like a carb. bebuild is the only resort. :frown:

Any thoughts are appreciated.
 
You may also want to pull the spark arrestor and clean it. It will keep it from running or make it run rough.
 
Last edited:
Mechanic Mark: I've checked the plug; it's OK. I have that manual. Thanks.
Ric: I may play w/ the spark arrestor. I have read other places that some have even removed the inner mesh, which creates an improvement in performance (engine runs better).
 
Now I'm gonna really freak everyone out:

In a spirit of optimism, I just went out and set said blower on my pickup tailgate. I depressed the fuel primer on the bottom of the carb a couple times (I don't usually do this) and pulled the cord w/ choke on. In 2-3 pulls, it started up and I took off the choke. It ran like a bat out o' hell for several minutes 'til I shut 'er down.

I wonder what this tells us ? :confused2:
 
Now I'm gonna really freak everyone out:

In a spirit of optimism, I just went out and set said blower on my pickup tailgate. I depressed the fuel primer on the bottom of the carb a couple times (I don't usually do this) and pulled the cord w/ choke on. In 2-3 pulls, it started up and I took off the choke. It ran like a bat out o' hell for several minutes 'til I shut 'er down.

I wonder what this tells us ? :confused2:

That there was something in the carb that was either blocked or dry
 
That there was something in the carb that was either blocked or dry

Maybe so. And I also think it tells us that the fuel lines are OK. Some day, when I can find some time, I may break down and remove the carb. and dissect it - clean out all the orifices and give a good inspection. :wink:
 
Maybe so. And I also think it tells us that the fuel lines are OK. Some day, when I can find some time, I may break down and remove the carb. and dissect it - clean out all the orifices and give a good inspection. :wink:

Going to be honest Here my personal experience says it's much easier to replace the carb than to try and clean two cycle carbs. Just seems like I clean it but can't get it all the way clean and two weeks later same stuff happens again now I'm spending way to much time on it
 
Duly noted - points taken exotion & Carscw. I understand that attitude, though sometimes I run into a situation where a replacement carb. is unavailable.
 
Back
Top