Shindaiwa T260 Trimmer

TrimmerGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was wonder I got a Shindaiwa T260 at a pawn shop for $10 not working. It needs the following

Ignition Coil
Fuel Lines
Spark plug
Starter Spring and rope
Possible Carb rebuild

Piston still looks good

Is this Trimmer worth fixing?

Here is picture below. If you need to see more pictures tell me :)

Attachments

• IMG_7871.jpg
    IMG_7871.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 28

Parkmower

Threads
Are you sure it needs all that or is that what you were told?
If your capable to do the repairs it's worth keeping.

TrimmerGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
After taking it apart I ended up finding those problems :smile:. Today I went to a repair shop and asked about buying the parts, the mechanic said that they don't even make parts for them anymore he said mine wasn't worth fixing.

Parkmower

Threads
I'd check for spark. If you have spark everything else can be done. Fuel lines, spark plug, cleaning carb, no biggie. I'd try to fix the recoil myself if possible. How's the head that holds the string? If that's shot you can get universal replacements but they run around $50. And then that's gettin to be too big an investment.

TrimmerGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply, I started working on the recoil today so I can check for spark. The trimmer head is still good condition. Tomorrow I'm going to put the new fuel lines in.

TrimmerGuy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the link! I'll be getting some parts off of there. I got the fuel lines in today and cleaned some dirt out of the engine.

Duffer72

Threads
Google Shindaiwa, you can get parts and a manual for it no problem.

I would recommend staying away from that dealer as he has already shown you what type of business he is running by telling you parts are NLA

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like it needs a lot of work. Now after you fix it how is the rest of the trimmer? I think if it was me I would which what I was spending and don't get over your head, because what can you buy a new trimmer for. What do you want a worn out used trimmer or a new one for about the same price? I don't think they are that expensive. Or Yes it is nice to say I fixed it??

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just went on the Sears web and new trimers start out at less then 100 dollars.