Shindaiwa C 35 Trimmer head Replacement?

FredSG

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have a Shindaiwa C 35 purchased way back in 1985. Still runs great and I have no issues with it except one.

I want to replace the original trimmer head with one of the newer speed (bump) heads currently on the market. My original trimmer head jams more than I would like, so I'm anxious to try a different trimmer head.

I've attached two photos of my Shindaiwa head which has me perplexed. I need a new trimmer head that will fit on/over the bolt and nut you see in the photo. I DON'T want to replace the current head or try to take it apart. I'm just looking for a new speed (bump) head that will be compatible with my current Shindaiwa hardware.
If you have a new speed bump in mind that might work, please include the part #

Attachments

• Shindaiwa Head 1.jpg
    Shindaiwa Head 1.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Shindaiwa Head 2.jpg
    Shindaiwa Head 2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 3

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shindawa/Echo makes a Speed Feed 400 Universal kit that might work.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello,

I have a Shindaiwa C 35 purchased way back in 1985. Still runs great and I have no issues with it except one.

I want to replace the original trimmer head with one of the newer speed (bump) heads currently on the market. My original trimmer head jams more than I would like, so I'm anxious to try a different trimmer head.

I've attached two photos of my Shindaiwa head which has me perplexed. I need a new trimmer head that will fit on/over the bolt and nut you see in the photo. I DON'T want to replace the current head or try to take it apart. I'm just looking for a new speed (bump) head that will be compatible with my current Shindaiwa hardware.
If you have a new speed bump in mind that might work, please include the part #
The adapter you are showing comes off and you probably can get a Speed Feed head to fit it.

Speed-Feed® 450 Trimmer Head​

Shindaiwa-USA.com
https://www.shindaiwa-usa.com › getattachment

PDF

095" (2.4mm) Silentwist™ trimmer line. Speed-Feed® 450. P/N 28820-12000. 10MM LH. (Fits Shindaiwa 22F, B45, B450,. B530, C35, C350, F195S). NO. PART NUMBER.

Attachments

• 1722562356913.jpeg
    1722562356913.jpeg
    1.8 KB · Views: 4

FredSG

Forum Newbie
Threads

FredSG

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi hlw49,

Many thanks for your post . . . very much appreciated. Any thoughts on how to remove the adapter I have on my C35. It came new with the Shindaiwa when I bought it. It must be a special tool involved. There is no stop hole to prevent the head from turning. So it looks like I will have to remove the entire head which I really didn't want to do. I'm afraid I'd make it unworkable! Thanks again for your post. FredSG

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just looked up the IPL on the trimmer looks like there is a place to put a pin through the side of the of the housing to hold the bottom holder plate.

FredSG

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've checked out that housing very carefully, but can't see any hole as you suggested. I was hoping there was one but don't see it. Not sure what an IPL is? Is there a link to it? A pjoto that shows the hole? REALLY, REALLY appreciate your help. Fred I'm an 80 year old Vietnam Combat Veteran and appreciate your help!