Export thread

Shindaiwa C 35 Trimmer head Replacement?

F

FredSG

Hello,

I have a Shindaiwa C 35 purchased way back in 1985. Still runs great and I have no issues with it except one.

I want to replace the original trimmer head with one of the newer speed (bump) heads currently on the market. My original trimmer head jams more than I would like, so I'm anxious to try a different trimmer head.

I've attached two photos of my Shindaiwa head which has me perplexed. I need a new trimmer head that will fit on/over the bolt and nut you see in the photo. I DON'T want to replace the current head or try to take it apart. I'm just looking for a new speed (bump) head that will be compatible with my current Shindaiwa hardware.
If you have a new speed bump in mind that might work, please include the part #

Attachments

M

MParr

Shindawa/Echo makes a Speed Feed 400 Universal kit that might work.

H

hlw49

Hello,

I have a Shindaiwa C 35 purchased way back in 1985. Still runs great and I have no issues with it except one.

I want to replace the original trimmer head with one of the newer speed (bump) heads currently on the market. My original trimmer head jams more than I would like, so I'm anxious to try a different trimmer head.

I've attached two photos of my Shindaiwa head which has me perplexed. I need a new trimmer head that will fit on/over the bolt and nut you see in the photo. I DON'T want to replace the current head or try to take it apart. I'm just looking for a new speed (bump) head that will be compatible with my current Shindaiwa hardware.
If you have a new speed bump in mind that might work, please include the part #
The adapter you are showing comes off and you probably can get a Speed Feed head to fit it.

Speed-Feed® 450 Trimmer Head​

Shindaiwa-USA.com
https://www.shindaiwa-usa.com › getattachment

PDF

095" (2.4mm) Silentwist™ trimmer line. Speed-Feed® 450. P/N 28820-12000. 10MM LH. (Fits Shindaiwa 22F, B45, B450,. B530, C35, C350, F195S). NO. PART NUMBER.

Attachments

F

FredSG

The adapter you are showing comes off and you probably can get a Speed Feed head to fit it.

Speed-Feed® 450 Trimmer Head

Shindaiwa-USA.com
https://www.shindaiwa-usa.com › getattachment

PDF

095" (2.4mm) Silentwist™ trimmer line. Speed-Feed® 450. P/N 28820-12000. 10MM LH. (Fits Shindaiwa 22F, B45, B450,. B530, C35, C350, F195S). NO. PART NUMBER.

F

FredSG

Hi hlw49,

Many thanks for your post . . . very much appreciated. Any thoughts on how to remove the adapter I have on my C35. It came new with the Shindaiwa when I bought it. It must be a special tool involved. There is no stop hole to prevent the head from turning. So it looks like I will have to remove the entire head which I really didn't want to do. I'm afraid I'd make it unworkable! Thanks again for your post. FredSG

H

hlw49

Just looked up the IPL on the trimmer looks like there is a place to put a pin through the side of the of the housing to hold the bottom holder plate.

F

FredSG

I've checked out that housing very carefully, but can't see any hole as you suggested. I was hoping there was one but don't see it. Not sure what an IPL is? Is there a link to it? A pjoto that shows the hole? REALLY, REALLY appreciate your help. Fred I'm an 80 year old Vietnam Combat Veteran and appreciate your help!