Selling a Used Mower

AndyMan

Threads
How do you prefer to sell your used mowers? I have one brush cutter that still works, plus a lawn mower that's having trouble. Can't decide whether to post an ad online, put up a sign at the mower shop, use our local freebie paper or just put them beside the road with a sign like I do my used cars.

Twinkle

Threads
If I'm not needing to replace the mower (so part exchange is out), I usually advertise in the lcoal paper. It's free if the ad. is less than 25 words or so. The problem you have is that one is not working well so you'd have to have enough space to mention that. Perhaps the local mower shop is better in that case.

lizard

Threads
Be generous and give it to a Charity..........you have had your moneys worth.....show some copassion for some poor Folk.:ashamed:

wmalifer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ive bought and sold several mowers and accessaries on local Craigslist.org

lizard

Threads
Why sell it.......give it to a Charity.........be a giver!:biggrin:

Harriet

Threads
We have a lawn and garden shop here that I have done business with for years. I swiched over to an electric mower and had no use for my old gas one, which needed a little carburator work. So I had them do the work, then they let me put out on their show floor for sale with their cut being 10%. Win-win!

carl22

Threads
How do you prefer to sell your used mowers? I have one brush cutter that still works, plus a lawn mower that's having trouble. Can't decide whether to post an ad online, put up a sign at the mower shop, use our local freebie paper or just put them beside the road with a sign like I do my used cars.

Personally, I don't think I've ever sold a mower. I usually run them until they're totally used up, then I go buy a new one (or a good used one) and use the old one for parts, or take it to the scrap yard.

Ifixdit

Threads
Put it out by the road with a free sign on it. You'll end up making someone's day.

minkyung

Threads

Hello Andyman! Why do you sell your used mowers? You have no use for them anymore? My friends use their mower until they buy new one or the mower is no longer useful. That's why I'm curious.

How much would you sell them? Again, just curious.

landscaper

Threads
If I were in your shoe, I will do it online. Aside from the comfort, I think more and more shoppers are now shopping online.

Hello Andyman! Why do you sell your used mowers? You have no use for them anymore? My friends use their mower until they buy new one or the mower is no longer useful. That's why I'm curious.

How much would you sell them? Again, just curious.