Seek Resources [SOLVED]

amowingfool

Threads
Also would like engine manual for FR651V - AS11-R which is the old engine from BigDog that I want to rebuild. Despite having the actual tag info and serial numbers for my engines none of them appear on the official Kawasaki web site. How can I cross reference those to the same engine with an existing model number?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can’t get a parts manual/diagram until we can find your engine. That’s why I recommend contacting Kawasaki directing. I understand that it is for the Power Sports group, but I have called them and when I explain my problem with courtesy and understanding, plus get a good service rep, I’ve been able to get a phone number for the engine group. Has worked for me over 50% of the time. Tx his number does not show up anywhere. I’ve had this happen in the past, JD did it for years, where unit manufacturers would not allow engine manufacturers, to make engine breakdowns available unless you went to their distributors or dealers. If you can’t get anywhere with Kawasaki, might try contacting Hustler.

txmowman

Threads
The FR651VAS11 is at the same website. For rebuild parts, rings, gaskets, seals, they would be the same for both engines.

txmowman

Threads
FYI, the phone number for the Engines Division, customer service is 877-364-6404. For most issues you will be referred to your local Kawasaki Engines dealer. You’re welcome to try the number Rivets provided. If you get what you need, great!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks TX for that number, never see it before. Even when I was working the only way I could get through to Kawasaki was go through the distributor. As we’ve seen before always more than one way to skin a cat.

amowingfool

Threads
Simply type in your engine model.
LOL if you had been reading my engine model does not exist on their web site and even for other engines there is no engine service manual available to download.

That said. mymowerparts has service manuals. I found info in another post here.
Thanks.

txmowman

Threads
Thanks TX for that number, never see it before. Even when I was working the only way I could get through to Kawasaki was go through the distributor. As we’ve seen before always more than one way to skin a cat.
Kawasaki hasn’t had US distributors since 2002, so it’s been a while. 😉

txmowman

Threads
LOL if you had been reading my engine model does not exist on their web site and even for other engines there is no engine service manual available to download.

That said. mymowerparts has service manuals. I found info in another post here.
Thanks.
Very sorry, I guess I was not reading carefully. The only way to obtain a service manual from Kawasaki is through your local dealer.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
An FR691 is an FR691 is an FR691 regardless of what it is fitted into
The only difference the S number signifies is the trim , crankshaft PTO size & type of starter motor
The internals of all FR 691's are identical in fact the internals are identical across the entire 9 engines
So functional parts , rings , rods. rockers, pushrods, oil pump etc etc etc all the same
Some mower campanies require unique engine numbers to prevent owners getting parts from any where else but a franchised dealer and your engine would appear to be one of these
Your service manual is the one on the Kawakasi web page as it covers all variants of the 651/691/730 V engines .
If you read it you will see there is no refferance to much in the way of different parts
The specifications section of the service manual confirms that they are ALL IDENTICAL apart from the air filters , carbs , blower houses & starter motors + the presence or absence of an external oil filter

SO go to the Kawakasi web page / parts
Do not type in FR691V-BS32-R but rather click on the "Browse Engines - 4 stroke engine"
On the next page select FS691, note you have to hit the "show more" 4 times to get down the list to FR 691 link, then click on it .
That brings up the variants of the FS 651V engines.
Agin this is a looooooooong list so you might have to hit the "show more " tab a few times to go past all of the AS's then get to the BS's and finally down to BS section and low & behold, no 32 listed so it will be as mentioned before , Excel paid Kawakasi more for the engines on the grounds that the engine parts manual is not listed .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
BTW you normally drop the "R" and "S" suffixes as they refer to Rack (4 engines rack mounted) and Single engine method of sales. In this case the FR691-AS32 is the same as the FR691-BS32 except for minor changes.