seat saftey seat switch testing

donelwell

Threads
Thanks in advance. need to know how to test seat safety switch. zt1540 will only run with parking brake on. not having much luck finding problem. Interlock some one suggested, how to test it? Again thanks.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks in advance. need to know how to test seat safety switch. zt1540 will only run with parking brake on. not having much luck finding problem. Interlock some one suggested, how to test it? Again thanks.

There is a connector near the seat.
Disconnect it.
You could use your multimeter and connect it to the wires going to the seat...set meter to OHMs and push on the seat switch. It should show numbers...not OL...meaning the seat switch is working

Or... on the other end, put a little loop of wire, making it a continuous circuit...thus bypassing the seat switch.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Disconnect it.

Or... on the other end, put a little loop of wire, making it a continuous circuit...thus bypassing the seat switch.

Are you sure of this? Most seats work off the negative side thus in order for the seat switch to work like you are saying it would have to go through a relay. You know this much better then I because you must be looking at a wiring diagram?.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are you sure of this? Most seats work off the negative side thus in order for the seat switch to work like you are saying it would have to go through a relay. You know this much better then I because you must be looking at a wiring diagram?.

Get your testosterone fix somewhere else.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get your testosterone fix somewhere else.

I am not here to be fowl with you like are with me and I don't mean anything by this question. As I said I don't know. I work on many different brand and models of mowers and worked with electrical problem's. Yes I have seen both systems relay and no relay. The relay systems work off the positive side and what you are saying would work by using the jumper. If the OP doesn't have this relay to convert the system over to negative as I see it will be very confusing. Now you know this as a fact seeing you must work on them and in the know. Sorry if offended you.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Disconnect it.
You could use your multimeter and connect it to the wires going to the seat...set meter to OHMs and push on the seat switch. It should show numbers...not OL...meaning the seat switch is working

I have the disconnected switch in one hand and the wires I disconnected, connected to a multimeter in my other hand.

How long should I push the disconnected switch on and off? 1 minute, 1 hour, all day. I'm reading the same on the multimeter each time I push the disconnected switch.